PDA

View Full Version : What is the best table on the market

rphillips
01-14-2004, 08:30 AM
I am looking for a new table and am not sure what to get.
I am looking at the diamond pro table, but i would like one that looks nice, not so plane jane i like the Kimberly table made by diamond but am not sure if i will lose quality of play by getting that table vs. the pro.

So can someone tell me what my options are?
Thank You

Pelican
01-14-2004, 09:02 AM
Mornin' rphillips, I believe that saying what is the best table is kinda like saying what is the best automobile. To many variables plus a lot pf personal opinions go into it. I am sure that if you go with one of the top makers and get what you really like as far a furniture impression that you will be satisfied. Good luck with your purchase, Pel

cheesemouse
01-14-2004, 09:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rphillips:</font><hr> I am looking for a new table and am not sure what to get.
I am looking at the diamond pro table, but i would like one that looks nice, not so plane jane i like the Kimberly table made by diamond but am not sure if i will lose quality of play by getting that table vs. the pro.

So can someone tell me what my options are?
Thank You <hr /></blockquote>

The Diamond Pro seems to be the new standard of play.
Pool tables are just like women...Playable is better than pretty...LOL....

The cheese is glad he's out of the lady chase /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
01-14-2004, 09:14 AM
Out of the chase Cheese? I thought you were single? You must have found someone? hummm inquiring minds.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~going to buy something yellow today in honor of the Cheese. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cheesemouse
01-14-2004, 09:30 AM
Hey cc, I am still single and will remain so. I haven't lost interest in a good romp in the hay wagon I just can't run as fast as I used too and I keep forgetting what the mission is. I've decided to let the ladies take me if they wish....pretty slim pickings so far..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
01-14-2004, 09:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote <font color="red">rphillips</font color> :</font><hr> <hr /></blockquote>

Mom,

I didn't know you had internet access.

wphillips

UWPoolGod
01-14-2004, 10:26 AM
After being to the womens pro tour event at Lincoln City I really like the new Gibson table.

http://www.brunswickbilliards.com/products/brunswick/tables/casual/gibson.html

But on the tourney one it ways Brunswick on the side...I almost would like that on there...but I guess those are limited edition tables for TV play. The brunswick rep said they can go for $6300 installed including shipping/setup/centennials/cues/etc.

Rich R.
01-14-2004, 10:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UWPoolGod:</font><hr> But on the tourney one it ways Brunswick on the side...I almost would like that on there...but I guess those are limited edition tables for TV play. <hr /></blockquote>
I'm not positive, but I believe the "Brunswick" sign is just a decal stuck on the side. Either that, or the have it painted on the table they use for TV and move it to all the tournaments.

I love that Gibson table. It looks even better, up close and personal. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

UWPoolGod
01-14-2004, 11:00 AM
Yeah I like the Anniversary and Centennial type table look, since those are what I learned on at UW. I think they have either model C or D tables.

My friend has an original Centennial table he bought from the VFW in Vancouver for $800. Has the now endangered species Brazillian Rosewood rails. One side skirt has a scratch like it was keyed or hit with a wheelchair, and one leg has a small crack from a ball hitting it. Worth a ton of money but he can't find the parts LOL.