PDA

View Full Version : Shipping pool tables/ table weight

UWPoolGod
01-14-2004, 10:20 AM
How much does it cost to ship tables? I am really being lazy and don't want to call around myself. I am not going to buy one any time soon butwas just curious if any of you have had a table shipped around the country. I have seen Gold Crowns from Cali. on ebay and wondered about shipping the 1500 or so miles north.

How much does a 9 footer weigh? I guess it depends on the make/year/woods but just a ballpark estimate.
Thanks
Todd

Cueless Joey
01-14-2004, 10:27 AM
Jeesh, it's around 1200 lbs. I believe.
I wouldn't trust the shippers/truckers.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-14-2004, 10:39 AM
I would bet it would be much cheaper to rent a truck and go get it.

I wonder, will a pool table fit in a pickup? I'm sure you know some ole' boy with a pick-em-up truck, being in Bigfoot country /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

UWPoolGod
01-14-2004, 10:50 AM
Noone ever sells good pool tables around Portland...or at least I can never find any when I search ebay by region. There is an Apollo Spa and Pool place nearby selling new Brunswicks but would rather not pay full price. And I'd rather not spend a week's vacation driving somewhere on the west coast to pick up a table.

I should start Haggle.com, barter.com, or some variation to be able to have the barterer and the buyer barter for what they are willing to pay/sell something. Someone could come in and offer a bit more. But I guess it would end up coming down to being like ebay. Just depends how much profit the auctioner really wants to make.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-14-2004, 11:09 AM
uh, have you tried the classifieds?

there were 5 tables in the Cincy fishwrap today.

UWPoolGod
01-14-2004, 11:42 AM
Mostly they are 7' or 8' tables. But I can check now and then also.

ras314
01-14-2004, 12:00 PM
I have a shipping estimate from Montreal, Canada of $800 to
$900 to a trucking line dock 200 mi away. Then a shipping cost from Diamond in Indiana of about $600 delievered to my residence in NM.

Both were for Dianond Pro, probably around 1300 lbs.

Renting a truck and spending several days on the road doesn't sound much cheaper.