PDA

View Full Version : Seeking info re ATI Rage 128 Ultra in Dell 4400

Leviathan
01-15-2004, 02:29 PM
I'm interested in connecting my computer to my VCR so I can record the DCC matches. My computer, a Dell DIM 4400, has a 16MB ATI Rage 128 Ultra video card. Can anyone tell me how to determine whether this card has the optional video-out (TV-out) outlet? What would this outlet look like, and exactly where would it be located on this computer?

Thanks,

Alan Salmon

Cueless Joey
01-15-2004, 03:50 PM
If it's composite, it's a single female rca type plug (yellow inside most of the time) or Super S ( it has pin holes).

Leviathan
01-15-2004, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the info, Cueless. Unfortunately, there are a number of unidentified multipin receptacles on the back of the box. I have no idea which of them might be the right one.--AS

Cueless Joey
01-15-2004, 07:41 PM
Look at the back of your VCR or TV.
They Video In and audio in.
If your vcr is an SVHS, it'll have an S input.

heater451
01-16-2004, 06:06 PM
I couln't find an actual pic of your vidcard, but here's a graphic showing the S-Video port. --The yellow and red connectors to the right are both RCA type connectors (sometimes called "composite").

http://www.fcosinus.com/Dostech/video/pics2/svideo.jpg

You should also know that if you use either one by itself, you will only get the video feed. For audio, you will probably have to use a type of adapter, most likely RCA-to-1/8" jack Y-adaper, to the audio card. However, it's possible that the vidcard has Red and White RCA jacks, for the stereo audio.

Good luck with it! (Run some tests first, and make sure that your audio levels are set acceptably.)

=======================

Leviathan
01-16-2004, 08:58 PM
Thanks, Heater--this is the info I need.--AS