PDA

View Full Version : My ebay problem

UWPoolGod
01-16-2004, 10:04 AM
As I was saying in the other forum. I have recently...as of yesterday not been able to see any of the items on ebay. When I get to the billiards (or any other) page it says there are 5300 items, then the sorting links, then a line and page links that usually go at the bottom. But no its in between. I can however sort the list on the left to Gallery view which brings up 3300 items. But that view is terrible. Any ideas? I wrote ebay to see if they knew. Might have been fiddling with the internet options and switched something..I don't know.

armandito
01-16-2004, 11:02 AM
I've experienced some problems with Ebay in the past. I've found out that most of my problems come from the cookies file. Delete it and that might help. If you don't know how to, go here:
"http://www.computer-security.com/Cookies/cookview.htm"
I have one Ebay account, that my wife uses also. We have a networked computer at home, but the problem came when at work we tried using Ebay at the same time with one username (accidentally). Anyway, now at work I have problems login into my Ebay, even though she's not using her computer. I have to use several tricks to be able to look into MyEbay.

Hope this helps.

UWPoolGod
01-16-2004, 11:07 AM
Yeah i had already cleaned my cookies and temp internet files. I'll try it again but I may have changed some kind of file view or something. Not too worries about it...I have been spending too much money buying doo-dads on their anyways LOL.

logixrat
01-16-2004, 10:42 PM
Actually I like to clear my cache, cookies, history & location bar when I clean things up. To do this in Mozilla, utilize the following steps:

1. Click on Edit > Preferences

2. On the left hand side, you should see a list of categories. Select Privacy & Security > Cookies

3. From the cookies screen click on "Manage Stored Cookies"

4. In the Cookie Manager screen, click on "Remove All Cookies" and then "Close".

5. You should now be back at the main Preferences screen, and on the left you should see all the categories again. Now scroll down and click on "Advanced" > "Cache".

6. On the right the Cache options should appear. Click on the button labled "Clear Cache".

7. Since a separate screen did NOT pop up for cache, you can now simply navigate to the "Category" menu on the left and click on "Navigator" > "History".

8. The History options should now appear to the right. Click the "Clear History" and "Clear Location Bar" buttons.

9. You are done, so now click on "Ok" at the bottom.

Things are a little different in Internet Exploder..errr...Explorer. Here are the instructions for IE:

1. Click on "Tools" > "Internet Options".

2. A new screen should open labled "Internet Options". At the top you should see several tabs. Click on the one labeled "General".

3. In the General tab there are 3 sections. You want to navigate to the second one called "Temporary Internet Files" and click on "Settings" > "View Files". A new window should pop up with a listing of files. Select all of them using your mouse, or press the keyboard function of CTRL key + A at the same time, and then hit your "Delete" key (on your keyboard). You will get a message asking if you are sure you want to delete all your cookies. Click "Yes". Close the "Temporary Internet Files" window, and then click "Ok" at the "Settings" window. This should put you back at the "General" tab.

4. In the General tab, you want to navigate back down to the second section labeled "Temporary Internet Files". This time click on "Delete Files". A subwindow should pop up. Make sure you checkmark the box to "Delete All Offline Content" and then click "Ok".

5. You should once again be back at the General tab. And once again, we want to focus on the section labeled "Temporary Internet Files". This time you need to click on the "Delete Cookies" button. A subwindow will pop up and ask you if want to delete all the cookies. Simply click "Ok" and you are done. I might note that ALL versions of IE may NOT have this option. I know my version at work DOES NOT, but my version at home does. If your version doesn't, don't sweat it as step #3 above should have covered it.

6. While still in that General tab, we now want to go down to the third section labeled "History" and click on the "Clear History" button. And again, a subwindow will come up asking if you are sure you want to delete the history. Click "Yes".

7. Now simply click the "Ok" button and you are done.

One last step I like to perform is what they call flushing your DNS. It basically clears you IP trail. You can do this one of two ways.

EASY WAY:
Click on "Start" > "Run" and then paste the following command: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\IPCONFIG.EXE /flushdns. Click the "Ok" button. That is it, you are done. When you do it, you will see a black screen flash up for a second and then disappear. That is because the code you entered above is a DOS code. That black screen is your confirmation that Windows flushed your DNS.

HARDER WAY:
Click on "Start" > "All Programs" > "Accessories" > "Command Prompt". You should now see a black screen pop up. Say heeelloooo DOS! At the command line, simply type the following: ipconfig /flushdns. After you do this, you should see text on the screen that says:

Windows IP Configuration
Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache

That is your confirmation that it worked successfully. Now simply close out the DOS screen and you are done! By the way, when you use the "Easy Method", the black screen that pops up and then disappears is actually the screen you see from using this method. It is just at warp speed!!

TIP:
If you are like me, and use flush your DNS often, it may be beneficial to create a shortcut on your desktop wher you can get to it quickly and easy. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Go to a point on your desktop where your mouse pointer IS NOT touching anything. Do a right click and select "New" > "Shortcut".

2. You will now be prompted to type the location of the item. Simply enter the following: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\IPCONFIG.EXE /flushdns and then click "Next".

3. You can now type a name for your shortcut. The default is selected as "IPCONFIG.EXE". I called mine "FlushDNS". You can call it whatever you desire, and then click on "Finish".

4. Now look on your desktop for the new shortcut you just created. It will likely look a little boring with a white screen and blue bar at the top. If you want to change the appearance of the icon, you can right click the shortcut icon and then click on "Properties".

5. You should now see a new screen pop up. Click on the tab at the top labeled "Shortcut", and then click on the button labeled "Change Icon".

6. You will get a popup window that says the file %windir% contains no icons, and to select a new path. Click on "Ok" and a new screen will pop up with the Windows default icons. Scan through the list and find one you like. Once you find one, simply double click it. This should put you back at the Shortcut tab. Now click on "Ok" at the bottom and you are done, and should see the shortcut change itself to the icon you selected.

Hope this helps!!

<font color="red"> Please note these instructions were created using Windows XP. I assume they will also work in older versions of Windows, but may not be exactly the same. If you have a question, PM me or post back here.</font color>

heater451
01-17-2004, 10:01 AM
For 2000, and I assume NT4, the "Windows" directory should be "Winnt", so C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\IPCONFIG.EXE /flushdns, s/b C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\IPCONFIG.EXE /flushdns.

Additionally, if you happen to have Windows installed on a drive other than C:, you will have to change that accordingly. Of course, you probably know that already, but no harm in mentioning it. . . .

========================