PDA

View Full Version : Kasson or Zbilliards

kyhogan
01-16-2004, 01:26 PM
Ok, I've always wanted a pool table use to play all the time in my grandpa's table. Now I'm a big kid and can buy a table. Just built a house and can spend less than 2 grand. Locally steepleton builds tables but their low end stuff looked like junk had to spend 2500 to get anything that you would want in the house.

Kasson has some nice tables on sale for around 1700

or

Zbilliards I can buy an all maple wood 8' table with a supposed 1' slate for 1350 delivered etc (plus another 250 for set up)

I want a solid table that looks nice, will last, and will be level. Without spending the money. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

bigshooter
01-16-2004, 01:58 PM
I have never shot on or seen a Zbilliards table but I do know they are imported and I've never seen a good post regarding their tables.
At the top of the forum you will see a "search" link, you can use that to search all of the information on these forums and you will find lots of posts regarding the quality of pool tables, what to buy, what to avoid, etc.

I personally think going with a used table is the way to go , much more table for the money versus new.
ebay or local paper.

Anyway welcome to the board! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Heres a thread I found.
zbilliards (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ccb&Number=117614&Forum=cc b&Words=zbilliards&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpag e=0&Limit=25&Old=3months&Main=117614&Search=true#P ost117614)

UWPoolGod
01-16-2004, 02:06 PM
Yeha I guess someone saw a 9 footer in the paper two weeks ago for $600 and didn't let me know. I might get a subscription to the paper just so I can check out those deals.

SPetty
01-16-2004, 02:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UWPoolGod:</font><hr> I might get a subscription to the paper just so I can check out those deals. <hr /></blockquote>Can't you see your local classifieds on-line? Most major metropolitan areas have their newspapers on-line with their classified sections...

logixrat
01-16-2004, 06:02 PM
I have no personal experience with Zbilliards tables; however, there is a guy over at the AZBilliards forum that says they are junk, and nearly impossible to setup (he knows as he sets up tables for a living, and has done the AZBilliards tables for different people).

Personally I would MUCH, MUCH rather do business with someone I can strangle...errr...I mean look in the eye if I have a problem. I have seen the Kasson tables first hand, and they are VERY well built. They also have dual support beams that run the LENGTH of the table. Not too many have that feature. The specific table I was looking at was The Bentley, and they had it priced at $1900, and that included delivery, setup and a beginner's accessory pack. For $100 more, they would upgrade to Simonis cloth. Here is a link to that specific table:

http://www.kassonpooltables.com/tablestc/ben.html

If I would have had that much $$ to spend at the time I was looking, I would have brought it home that day. I looked at tables from Brunswick, Olhausen, Golden West &amp; AMF that day, and simply stated...the Kasson appeared to be the most strongly constructed. It looked like a craftsman built the frame vs. a high speed production line.

Go with the Kasson!!!!

Hey bigshooter - Where did you get that shark picture? I only ask because I have been using it on both the Billiards-Pool and AZBilliards forums, except under my other username "NoLimits". Also, how do you get a picture loaded in these forums? I haven't figured it out yet. Thanks!!

logixrat
01-16-2004, 07:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote logixrat:</font><hr> Hey bigshooter - Where did you get that shark picture? I only ask because I have been using it on both the Billiards-Pool and AZBilliards forums, except under my other username "NoLimits". Also, how do you get a picture loaded in these forums? I haven't figured it out yet. Thanks!! <hr /></blockquote>

Arrr mates...as you can see, I figured out how to get the pic to show up. Had to do a little re-sizing and cropping to get it to display crisp and clear though.