PDA

View Full Version : Tough draw for Fran

Wally_in_Cincy
04-20-2002, 12:18 PM
How about Allison Fisher in the first round. OUCH.

She went on to win her match against Mellisa Little on the losers side. Next match is Gail Lave.

according to azbilliards.com

Tom_In_Cincy
04-20-2002, 01:31 PM
9 to 5 Allison over Fran..
Good showing regardless

AzHousePro
04-20-2002, 02:56 PM
Losing to Allison 9-5 is especially decent considering Allison was her next two matches by a combined score of 18-3.

Fran defeated Ikumi Ushiroda (The regional tour champion) and was playing Dawn Hopkins early today.

Mike

04-20-2002, 08:06 PM
Winning 5 games off of Allison (as Fran did in the 1st round) is impressive for anyone IMO, the way Allison is playing as of late. Any games you win off her you're going to have to really earn. In 7 matches in Valley Forge, no one got more than 2 or 3 games off her including Corr twice, Lee, etc. Don't get me wrong, Fran is a competitor and I'm sure she was not satisfied with the result. Even without having seen the match, I'm guessing that Fran likely played quite well and probably missed very few shots in the set. - Chris in NC

04-20-2002, 10:37 PM
Fran's 5 games off Allison in the first round is looking better and better as this tourney unfolds. That's more games won than the total of Allison's next 3 opponents (Melissa Little, Monica Webb and Gerda Hofstatter) whom she outscored 27-4. Apparently that opening match must have served as a wake-up call for Allison.

Anyway, a very respectable T-17 finish for Fran, winning 3 matches in the one-loss bracket after her match with Allison. Fran, if you read this after your return, I know you're still not satisfied, but congrats on a nice tourney showing. - Chris in NC

04-21-2002, 02:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> How about Allison Fisher in the first round. OUCH.

She went on to win her match against Mellisa Little on the losers side. Next match is Gail Lave.

according to azbilliards.com <hr></blockquote>

Considering Allison's next four opponents only totaled six games,two thumbs up for the veteran professional Miss Crimi.

04-21-2002, 08:42 PM
Thanks Chris. I felt I played pretty well overall. Allison and I were tied half way through the match. I made the shots I was supposed to make and played her tight when I didn't see a run-out. But in the 2nd half, I missed 2 shots that cost me 2 games apiece. As you know, all it takes is one miss for her to capitalize.

Ikumi was very tough and we were head-to head through 10 games. It was sort of like my match with Allison turned around where I was able to capitalize on Ikumi's 2 errors in the second half. She went for 2 long rail banks and missed, and I pulled ahead for the win.

I had to play Dawn right after my 10AM match with Ikumi with only a 5 minute break, and I caught myself coming down from my match with Ikumi. Wound up making two careless mistakes early on, the first, missing a straight-in 9 ball in the first game after running out the rack. Just took my eye off it for a split second. Then I spent the rest of the match trying to catch up. Dawn did play really well, though. I think she only missed two shots.

Fran

Voodoo Daddy
04-22-2002, 12:34 AM
Nothing is nicer than seeing your name moving step by step through the brackets. You should be happy with your play and you will play better...Voodoo say so.

Voodoo...Fran Fan

TomBrooklyn
04-22-2002, 04:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fran:</font><hr>I had to play Dawn right after my 10AM match with Ikumi with only a 5-minute break...<hr></blockquote> To The Charming, Talented, and Spectacularly Beautiful Fran:

Hi, and Congrats on your match wins and a nice showing at the tourney.

As a side note, at a Pro Tournament, there should be something on the order of a 15 minute minimum break between any two matches and at least one 30 minute break included within any three consecutive match span etcetera. What do they think they're running, a weekly evening tourney with players who traveled from zero to fifty miles and put up $25.00? Sheeesh! I'm going to forward a recommendation to the WPBA Board about that.

Doctor_D
04-22-2002, 05:13 AM
Good morning:

Yes; Fran is one tough competitor and more. I always enjoy watching her matches.

Dr. D.

04-22-2002, 09:28 AM
Mike, I clicked on your online coverage of this last tournament (the link you have on your cover page under your headline of Karen Corr's win) and it took me to last year's brackets. Can't seem to find this year's brackets.

Fran

Wally_in_Cincy
04-22-2002, 01:02 PM
http://www.azbilliards.com/wpbaalpine2002/