PDA

View Full Version : Archer wins Ring Game #2

Fred Agnir
01-18-2004, 01:55 AM
Might be the most exciting pool match I've ever seen.

Derby City and Billiard Club Network are the BOMB!!!

Fred

tateuts
01-18-2004, 02:03 AM
The Ring Game is a winner - this is what high level, high stakes pool is all about. Awesome!

The commentary was crude but hilarious and the action the greatest. This is what the internet is all about. If those guys worked for a television station they would be fired tomorrow.

Chris

Popcorn
01-18-2004, 02:11 AM
I could not agree more, and the way the ring game ended tells me even more that 9-ball has to be played with something like win by 2, to put an end to the double hill game. It adds such an air of excitement the fans would love it. Anyone who is on the fence about paying the $9.95 to watch this tournament, believe me it is well worth it.

Drake
01-18-2004, 09:33 AM
This is Nine ball on steriods. My hat is off to Grady for starting these things, They are great to watch. BUT, Take Souquet for instance, He really never really got a fair chance at a good rack. Efren was stuck in the chair for 8 straight racks. Johnny did play the best last night.....but I can see where the best player does not have to win these things. Fun to watch...though. Glad I wasn't backing Efren!!

JimS
01-18-2004, 10:22 AM
I can't say enough good things about last night's 10 ball match. What a blast! Great playing and tremendous excitement.

Ya gotta feel kinda bad for those who got bounced but that's pool /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif A lot of the winning is about the rolls one gets..not just on the table but when they get to the table, the rotation etc.

John Schmidt was due to get his turn at one point there last night when they had a redraw for playing position and he got a bad number and had to wait even longer. He must have sat there for an hour or more. He played great up until then but after that just didn't have the pizzzzazzz he did earlier. Souquet never had a chance to get anything going etc, etc. That's pool....whaddyagunnado? Archer and Parica got more chances to win and they took advantage of those chances.

DeLiberto said it early in the match saying something like...you have to take get out every time you're supposed to and a few times when you're not supposed to if you're going to win a thing like this.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Rod
01-18-2004, 10:40 AM
Great ring game last night. Just the two ring games they played was easily worth the 10 bucks. I'm not a huge fan of banks but there is still one hole and 9 ball to be played.

Rod

UTAddb
01-18-2004, 12:57 PM
Did Keith end up playing? How'd he do if so?

Fred Agnir
01-18-2004, 01:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UTAddb:</font><hr> Did Keith end up playing? How'd he do if so?
<hr /></blockquote>Nope. There will be a couple more, say the rumors.

Ralph S.
01-18-2004, 03:33 PM
The Scorpion has stung quite a few lately. Looks like he just got five more. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fred Agnir
01-18-2004, 03:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr> The Scorpion has stung quite a few lately. Looks like he just got five more. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>Yup. A lot of people think that Johnny isn't a gambler, even though he like every other southern professional did some sort of gambling. I saw him in action. I can tell you that when he gets warmed up, he's simply unstoppable with his huge break, great shotmaking, and very underestimated safety game.

And he certainly showed it last night. He was the only one making balls on the break consistently, made a 10-ball on the break, and had a 3-pack. Can you imagine having a 3-pack in a game where it's $1000 a man per game?

Fred

Drake
01-18-2004, 04:45 PM
The ring games have been great. I hope they try to fit two more in next weekend....Maybe Friday night and Saturday afternoon before the finals?? More than four would be to many.

ted harris
01-18-2004, 06:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr>A lot of people think that Johnny isn't a gambler, even though he like every other southern professional did some sort of gambling.
Fred<hr /></blockquote>
Fred,
A lot of people talk about a lot of things they know nothing about. The internet is full of them!
I have been watching Johnny gamble since 1989, and boy can he gamble. Bets his own cheese too...and bets high as well. I have seen him play for $8,000 = 8 ahead with Mark Tadd and crush him. This is right about the time that Mark Tadd was gambling with many of these same champions and beating them. Mark Tadd walked into the Bicycle Club and Team America was doing their photo shoot for World Team Billiards...all those champions were there; Kim Davenport, Earl Strickland, Nick Varner, Mike Sigel, Dennis Hatch, Jose Parica, Buddy Hall, Efren Reyes and a whole host of others...at the time this was the toughest 64 man tournament in the world! Mark pulled stacks of money totaling about $50,000 out of every pocket on him, and threw it on the table and asked which one of you champions wants to play me some right in front of Don Mackey, the spectators, cameras, etc! After a while, Johnny said I do, and he did! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have a lot of respect for Johnny Archer's gambling game! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif