PDA

View Full Version : DCC web broadcast help??

Rip
01-18-2004, 11:31 AM
I tried to register for the live feed for DCC a couple of days ago. After entering my email address, name, city and zip, I hit submit. "Your password has been emailed" promptly displays on the page but I haven't rec'd an email from them yet. I emailed BCN but they haven't responded.

Any suggestions?

Rip~~missing out big time!

bluewolf
01-18-2004, 11:48 AM
I registered fine but cannnot find where you sign up for the 9.95 deal with your credit card. I wrote brady about it but have not heard back. I would have been watching since fri but could not find the place to plop down the cash.

Laura

Rod
01-18-2004, 11:59 AM
I don't know what to tell you rip. If Brady was online there I could ask him if he could possibly help. Maybe he will see your post and offer advice. Him and Tom are the moderators at the live chat.

Rod

Rod
01-18-2004, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.billiardclub.net/ <hr /></blockquote>

Ken
01-18-2004, 01:07 PM
I just registered on my other computer and it was easy. By the time I got to my email the password was there. I think after I logged on I clicked to watch the DCC. The next screen came up and toward the bottom was: "available for purchase-add to basket"
click on that. If you don't see that you might not be able to scroll down far enough. If you are in a window the scroll bars should be available.
then click "shopping cart" and "purchase". It will take you to a screen that will check if you have the plugins and can run their video. I ran the video a couple times and the screen froze so I clicked on the "accept" button before the video had a chance to run.
You will need Javascript 1.1 and I don't know if the Mac has that.

The site is very counter intuitive and sometimes you can't even scroll to where you need to be. I had to increase the screen resolution to get it all on the monitor and then switch to a window to get the scroll bars to work.
KenCT

Fred Agnir
01-18-2004, 01:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> I registered fine but cannnot find where you sign up for the 9.95 deal with your credit card. I wrote brady about it but have not heard back. I would have been watching since fri but could not find the place to plop down the cash.

Laura <hr /></blockquote>Click "Watch Live." It'll ask you to sign in. Hopefully, you've registered and have a password. The "give me money" stuff comes up then.

Fred

Fred Agnir
01-18-2004, 01:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rip:</font><hr> I tried to register for the live feed for DCC a couple of days ago. After entering my email address, name, city and zip, I hit submit. "Your password has been emailed" promptly displays on the page but I haven't rec'd an email from them yet. I emailed BCN but they haven't responded.

Any suggestions?

<hr /></blockquote>I had to register with a different e-mail address. I had registered initially the first day they told us about it. And I never got a password. So, I had to use a new one.

Fred

Rip
01-18-2004, 01:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rip:</font><hr> I tried to register for the live feed for DCC a couple of days ago. After entering my email address, name, city and zip, I hit submit. "Your password has been emailed" promptly displays on the page but I haven't rec'd an email from them yet. I emailed BCN but they haven't responded.

Any suggestions?

<hr /></blockquote>I had to register with a different e-mail address. I had registered initially the first day they told us about it. And I never got a password. So, I had to use a new one.

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks Fred, I tried registering with a different email address the next day and still no reply. Maybe I've been banned. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I'm not giving up...yet.

Thanks Fred,
Rip

Rip
01-18-2004, 02:22 PM
I'm in! I had inadvertantly blocked their emails which contained my password..duh!

Thanks for the replies and I'm sure the world will rest easier tonight knowing my issue is resolved.

Yeeehaaaa,
Rip

Fred Agnir
01-18-2004, 02:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rip:</font><hr> [
Thanks Fred, I tried registering with a different email address the next day and still no reply. Maybe I've been banned. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I'm not giving up...yet.

Thanks Fred,
Rip
<hr /></blockquote>E-mail Brady. He gave me an e-mail address from Poolsites.net to use for registration and subsequent login. Hmmm... maybe that's his way of advertising Poolsites.com? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif J/K Brady.

Fred

Ralph S.
01-18-2004, 03:23 PM
I was able to get in on dial-up and watch several frames then would get cut off saying there was some kind of error in my end. I also could not get the chat room to display although I was told it showed me as being in the chat room.

Is this an AOL problem as suggested to me? Does any one know, or can help me?

Ralph S.&gt;very frustrated right now.

Fred Agnir
01-18-2004, 03:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr> I also could not get the chat room to display although I was told it showed me as being in the chat room. <hr /></blockquote>It's a bug in the program, I think. I had to completely reboot just to get me off the chatroom so I could get back on.

Fred

Brady_Behrman
01-18-2004, 06:55 PM
IF anyone needs an email address for registering purposes email me info@poolsites.net and give me a username and password.

just here to help..

Some email such as aol, hotmail, etc. sees the registartion as spam i presume? My email accts seem to work just fine..

Thanks
Brady

Ralph S.
01-18-2004, 07:43 PM
I have tried everthing I could think of Fred. It still doesnt work. I am not very computer literate, but I have come to the conclusion, it is a joke and not worth any further frustration. I have enough sh*t going on to have to deal with any more aggravation.

bluewolf
01-19-2004, 02:19 PM
I finally got signed up. then I could only get the small pic on my mac. it works just beautiful on my hubbies laptop pc, though, so am using that one. Apparently there are still some bugs with some mac os,but since I can watch it, it does not really matter. LOL

It is kool, somebody finally doing something good for pool.

Laura