PDA

View Full Version : Jacoby vs. Jackson cue

aaatkr
01-18-2004, 11:49 AM
Any opinions on the quality of these in comparison?

tateuts
01-18-2004, 01:32 PM
I had a Jackson and it is very similar to Schon. They are high quality, limited production semi-custom cues. They are solid cues with a unique joint. For $200 - $300 on E-Bay it's hard to get a better cue.

Jacoby is more well known and would probably have a better resale value later - but I haven't tried one. I've heard vey good things about them.

Chris

Chris Cass
01-18-2004, 02:01 PM
Hi aaatkr,

I haven't tried either one of these cues but I do happen to be good friends with Dave and his son Brandon Jacoby. I've known Dave for a few yrs now and he's always willing to do what it takes within reason to make a customer happy. If you end up buying a cue from him. I know he'll stand behind it 100%.

Just curious, have you though anything about a Blackheart cue? Another cuemaker that will try his best to make his customers happy.

Regards,

C.C.

Cueless Joey
01-18-2004, 02:24 PM
I'd get a Jacoby b/c Jackson's pin is proprietary.
You can't easily get an aftermarket shaft to go with it.

Ralph S.
01-18-2004, 03:28 PM
I personaly favor the Jacoby over the Jackson. Both are good cues but the the Jacoby is a bit better in my opinion.

ragbug74
01-20-2004, 10:04 PM
Clueless,

Unless you're planning on upgrading to a Predator shaft, etc., Jacoby makes a nice stiff shaft of their own. I see them once or twice a year at state tournaments here in Indiana and they sell the heck out of shafts. I have several buddies who have replaced their "stock" shafts with a Jacoby. I personally have one of their jump sticks and I also use the shaft on a Meucci butt as a break cue from time to time. Also, very nice people to talk with.

bigshooter
01-20-2004, 10:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ragbug74:</font><hr> Clueless,

Unless you're planning ... <hr /></blockquote>

Did he just call you "Clueless" ?

Freudian slip maybe? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Cueless Joey
01-20-2004, 11:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigshooter:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote ragbug74:</font><hr> Clueless,

Unless you're planning ... <hr /></blockquote>

Did he just call you "Clueless" ?

Freudian slip maybe? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif <hr /></blockquote>
That's it. I'm gonna change my forum name.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
01-21-2004, 12:11 AM
Well Joey,

It's not like you don't have a cue. LOL Clue? That I think you do have. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Funny, for the longest time I thought it read clueless too. I thought that was a cool name but when I actually looked at it in detail I was too surprized. I'm sure it was an accident but if your going to change go for it. Might I suggest, Red dot Joey or Sardo Joey? LOL Well, if you need more help I'll be in the garage with the duct tape adding weight to a cue for a friend that wants a heavy break cue. hahahahha J/K

Regards,

C.C.

Cueless Joey
01-21-2004, 12:50 AM
I was thinking of Cueless Joe in honor of Pete Rose's idol. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Road Kill Joey? 4EverCPlayerJoey? TwoAndOutJoey?
Sour Dough Joey?Fuscia Red Dot Joey?
Hmn, since those players with a name of a town in their nicknames sound scary, I'm going to register as East L.A. Joey! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
01-21-2004, 04:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ragbug74:</font><hr> Unless you're planning on upgrading to a Predator shaft, etc.<hr /></blockquote>
I'm sorry, but not everyone would consider this an upgrade. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
JMHO, I don't want to start anything.

ragbug74
01-21-2004, 08:28 AM
DOH! I just checked back......my bad.

I did indeed think it was Clueless.

No offense intended!

Kato
01-21-2004, 08:49 AM
For the longest time I thought you didn't have a cue /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

Kato
01-21-2004, 08:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ragbug74:</font><hr> Clueless,

Unless you're planning on upgrading to a Predator shaft, etc., <hr /></blockquote>

Blackheart makes a laminated shaft that plays nothing like a Predator that I'd take any day of the week. Those pie shaped spliced shafts with the little tiny ferrule you can keep, it's not an upgrade and it's not a magic potion.

Kato~~~as far as the thread goes, I've played with a couple of Jacoby's, I like them ok.

woody_968
01-21-2004, 10:04 AM
I have also heard good things about Meucci's (yea yea, I know, insert heckling hear) new black dot shaft. Although I havent hit with one of them yet.

SpiderMan
01-21-2004, 10:11 AM
Jacoby's 16-TPI joint is also slightly nonstandard. I bought some standard 16-TPI drive hardware from Atlas Billiard Supply, and it will march a Schon but not my Jacoby. Both are Schon and Jacoby listed to use the aame nominal threads.

SpiderMan

griffith_d
01-21-2004, 08:15 PM
how about Joey Young?

Griff

Cueless Joey
01-21-2004, 08:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote griffith_d:</font><hr> how about Joey Young?

Griff <hr /></blockquote>
You mean Bobby Joe Young? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
How about Meujji?