PDA

View Full Version : so you can't get enough CCB and FastLarry?

nAz
01-18-2004, 02:11 PM
Check out this new BD link...

BDLarry (http://www.topfx.com/cgi-bin/mixmaster.cgi?layouturl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billiards digest.com%2Fccboard%2Fubbthreads.php%3FCat%3D&con tenturl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fastlarrypool.com%2F)

you like?

Qtec
01-18-2004, 06:41 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nAz,you need to get out more often.

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

9 Ball Girl
01-18-2004, 06:50 PM
Yeah Nazee you need to get out more often... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sorry I missed you Qtec.

Wendy<---where does he find this stuff???

Ralph S.
01-18-2004, 08:06 PM
I am beginning to wonder about you nAz!!! LOL.

jjinfla
01-18-2004, 08:47 PM
Hey NaZ, did you check out Fast Larry's thread on AZB? Over 5500 views. Seems to me that shows that a lot of people are interested in what he has to say. Why else would they keep checking it out.

I am sure that FL will appreciate your letting everyone know that he has stuff for sale. But you forgot to mention that he is coming out with pool lessons on DVD for only $14.95.

Like him or hate him, if you got his first video, you have to admit that he can do what he says he does. At least his statements, his posts, are positive. What is positive about this thread that you started? Your only intent was to ridicule and make fun of him.

Maybe the CCB would be better off having FL here and banning the naz.

Jake

nAz
01-18-2004, 09:21 PM
hehe
i posted this for FL fans /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nAz
01-18-2004, 09:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> Hey NaZ, did you check out Fast Larry's thread on AZB? Over 5500 views. Seems to me that shows that a lot of people are interested in what he has to say. Why else would they keep checking it out.<hr /></blockquote>

Maybe you and he clicked on it over over 5000 times. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr>
Maybe the CCB would be better off having FL here and banning the naz.

Jake <hr /></blockquote>

I gonna asume you meant this as a joke... FYI I met Larry in Brooklyn last year and we had a great time, played pool and drank beer with him and his dog. He knows that i have mad respect for him,unlike most PPL here. oh and if you did not mean it as a joke you know where you can go. /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

TomBrooklyn
01-19-2004, 12:39 AM
LOL, that is funneeeee. Well done!

I like that other new pool forum now; largely because that is where the Great Fast Larry can often be found providing his friends and followers with entertainment and the benefit of his vast knowledge on all things pool and not pool, too.

TomBk

jjinfla
01-19-2004, 06:10 AM
nAz,

See how easy it is to be misunderstood. Who would have thunk that you were just being humorous and not sarcastic? That you were actually praising the Fast One and not ridiculing him? But now you know what it is like to have to go on the defensive. It is much more fun being the arrow rather than the target, isn't it?

So since you met the man, and played with him, how about telling us what your perception of him really is. After all, I would think you owe him that much.

Will you be purchasing his DVD when it comes out? Do you think that his DVD's will be informative and worthwhile?

Jake

TomBrooklyn
01-19-2004, 11:34 AM
Hi jinfla:

I've met Larry, seen his trick shot shows, played pool with him, took lessons from him, and had beers with him also. You can tell how I feel about him from my posts about or in response to him, of which there are a fair number.

TomBk

SPetty
01-19-2004, 11:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> I am sure that FL will appreciate your letting everyone know that he has stuff for sale. But you forgot to mention that he is coming out with pool lessons on DVD for only $14.95.

Like him or hate him, if you got his first video, you have to admit that he can do what he says he does.<hr /></blockquote>Hi jjinfla,

Where do you get items that Fast Larry sells?

Qtec
01-19-2004, 12:22 PM
Sorry to have missed you too 9ball girl. IF the weather hadnt been so bad I would have been down in Brooklyn more. Bummer. Maybe next time. I did get to see nAz tho.

Q

Wally_in_Cincy
01-19-2004, 01:24 PM
You were in New York? Did you pick up a copy of this popular poster for your home:

http://www.dada.at/img/attack/bush_megaphone.jpg

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Qtec
01-19-2004, 04:42 PM
Yeah I did, but I left it on the subway at 42nd street. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Q

nAz
01-19-2004, 05:02 PM
haha hey Wally the fire chief looks like he wants to run away /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

nAz
01-19-2004, 05:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> nAz,

But now you know what it is like to have to go on the defensive. It is much more fun being the arrow rather than the target, isn't it?

I do not care too much either way arrow or target i usually just tell people to go to hell and then move on. I like Larry and i agree and disagree with a few things he has told me and stated here, the only thing i do not like about FL is that he never seperates his paragraphs, it use to drive me crazy trying to read his stuff /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
BTW i owe no one anything

So since you met the man, and played with him, how about telling us what your perception of him really is. After all, I would think you owe him that much.

check above.

Will you be purchasing his DVD when it comes out? Do you think that his DVD's will be informative and worthwhile?

Hell no! i'll just wait for him to send me my free autograph copy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BCA/FL /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif (http://www.topfx.com/cgi-bin/mixmaster.cgi?layouturl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bca-pool.com%2Fstart.shtml&amp;contenturl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww .fastlarrypool.com)

Nightstalker
01-19-2004, 09:07 PM
LMAO, nice one.

TomBrooklyn
01-23-2004, 07:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> since you met the man, and played with him, how about telling us what your perception of him really is. <hr /></blockquote> Jake, below is a copy of the text of a letter written to Fast Larry by a pool player who met him, which says something about her perception of him. The articles she refers to in the letter are the instructional articles on his website:

"I enjoyed meeting you in person and believe you are the most knowledgeable person in the world regarding all aspects of pool. I am very glad that you are taking the time to give us your knowledge through these articles. My husband and I read the one on the "stroke" and tried out your recommended bridge length. We got instant results in accuracy and it helped my husband on his position skills. Thanks so much, look forward to more articles and love your dogs. Laura"

Cheers,
Tom

bluewolf
01-23-2004, 11:29 PM
We certainly did benefit from Larry's knowlege. What impressed me, and it would be hard to get his without spending several hours with him, is how much he had studied in depth, various tips, shafts, his knowlege of pool history and different pool games. While some have expertise on several aspects of the sports, Larry just seemed to have a lot of breadth. Perhaps others have done a lot of research like spiderman has with the tips, but Larry is the only one who has told me about all of the things he researched.

For instance, he has so many cues hanging on his wall. He will tell me which years production of the balabuska were good and which were not, or the falcon or which mucci, etc. Some things like tips, etc, many know a lot about, Larry actually did research about these things. And he keeps researching, He never stops.

I had to respect this and was somewhat in awe of all that he had researched. Whether you agree with his conclusions, his research into tips, cues, books, etc was staggering and the time that he had spent doing this research was mind boggling.

My post on his forum did talk about the shorter bridge. mine at the time was longer and the shorter one seemed to stabilize my stroke. Now I vary it according to the shot, but still use that short bridge when I have to.

He seems to have some new ventures in the works for this next year. If his dvds come out well, his instruction does well, his book comes out, etc. it is a wait and see.

Love him, hate him, have to respect the amount of time he has spent on trying to find out everything he can about pool.

Laura

bluewolf
01-23-2004, 11:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> since you met the man, and played with him, how about telling us what your perception of him really is. <hr /></blockquote> Jake, below is a copy of the text of a letter written to Fast Larry by a pool player who met him, which says something about her perception of him.
Tom <hr /></blockquote>

Btw,, Tom, you dodged jakes question asking what you thought about Larry. Instead you quoted something i said on his website.

Apparently I have more 'guts' than you do about saying what i think. Get off the fence, tell us what you really thought, after the time you spent with him. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Laura

bluewolf
01-24-2004, 06:27 AM
Sorry Tom, I thought jake was talking to you and when i woke up I realized he was talking to NAZ. When I tried to edit my post made just 7 hours later, I was told it was past the edit time. So, I apologize for my last post.

Laura

Ken
01-24-2004, 06:49 AM
SPetty,

I would suggest that if you want to buy something from Larry that you ask him at Valley Forge, where I hope he will be this year.

I ordered his tape last August and he debited my paypal account immediately. I am still waiting for the tape. First his dubbing machine was not working. Then he was going to send TWO tapes and a poster but he didn't have my address. Upon giving him my address he stated that they would be sent and that was November 18.

I'm happy to contribute $20 to his retirement fund if he can't afford to send the tape. Maybe he just lost my address again.
KenCT

TomBrooklyn
01-24-2004, 07:19 AM
Hi bluewolf,

Oh, that was your letter on FL's website. I didn't know, it was just signed with a first name. BTW, I meant to indicate in my above post that the source of the letter was FL's website, but inadvertantly ommitted that and like you, can no longer edit my post.

As a matter of fact, I've written specifically (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=suggestions&amp;Number=119455&amp; Main=119455#Post119455) on the topic of allowing more edit time. This new shortened time for allowing edits is at odds with making clarifications and corrections, and contrary to this website's published goal of promoting civil discussion to which it has dedicated a whole forum. (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/postlist.php?Cat=&amp;Board=suggestions&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb =&amp;o=)

SPetty
01-24-2004, 08:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ken:</font><hr> ...ask him at Valley Forge...<hr /></blockquote>Hi Ken,

Thanks for answering - I was wondering why no one would. I didn't see any items available on his web site, but I'd like to see his videos. It's not likely that I'll get to Valley Forge this year. It's a shame that he didn't honor his deal with you. Doesn't really sound like him to do something like that.

Ken
01-24-2004, 09:00 AM
SPetty,

There have been posts and emails about my order. Larry sounds sincere and perhaps he is just a bit forgetful. That's why I have not posted about this until now.

I saw him perform in 2001 when you and I met at Valley Forge (I believe). I was the only one to stick up for him when he first came on CCB because I knew who he was.

A lot has happened since then.
KenCT