PDA

View Full Version : My recent run

Nightstalker
01-19-2004, 12:12 PM
On January 8th I ran a rack of 8 ball on a 7' Valley table, I did not break. This was the first time I ever ran an entire rack. My opponent had 5 balls on the table at the time I did this. Afterwards I received a few nice comments about my game. I am pretty happy with the progress I have made over the last year of playing pool. I began playing with regularity a year ago. When I started back up I was lucky to run 3 or 4 balls in a row. Now do I not only know what to do, but I am able to successfully execute on a much more consistent basis. Some of my improvement I owe to the tips I have used from reading this board. Thanks everyone!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

woody_968
01-19-2004, 01:59 PM
Glad to see you enjoying the game! Its funny, I have been playing on and off for over 10 years, and I can still remember what table I was playing on when I ran my first rack /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nightstalker
01-19-2004, 02:05 PM
I'll bet you do remember! I know I will not soon forget that moment! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

eg8r
01-19-2004, 02:16 PM
Keep up the good work. Now that first rack is out of the way, watch out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Nightstalker
01-19-2004, 02:34 PM
I am developing a decent safe game at the same time, so when I do hit a roadblock I fall back upon the safe. I used to always attempt to make a shot no matter what I was looking at and came to realize that is not always the best strategy. Thanks eg8r, I look forward to repeating that performance again! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ryushen21
01-20-2004, 12:47 AM
Oh yeah man, I can still remember my first run. it was against a real punk so it felt even better. But congrats man. just keep the killer run-outs coming.

Nightstalker
01-20-2004, 06:38 AM
Thanks dude! My run was against a very good player who is one cocky little SOB so it was very gratifying to say the least. We were just playing for a drink and afterward I told my friend, "I guess I was thirsty." /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif