PDA

View Full Version : Omen Custom cues

Jay
01-19-2004, 12:15 PM
Hey everyone I got another question for you. I was playing last night and there was a guy there who had this awesome looking cue. It had a curly maple forearm with cocobolo points , different colored veneers and a cocobolo buttsleeve. The cue was gorgeous and the cocobolo was the most highly figured that I have ever seen in my life. I asked the guy what kind of cue it was and he told me it was an omen. I know that Pete is a local florida cuemaker but has anyone here ever heard, played with or known someone who has played with one. Ive seen his site and his cues look nice. Any info would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

Tom_In_Cincy
01-19-2004, 12:31 PM
http://www.omencues.com/

I have a Pete Omen cue that has NO Points and is all Cocabola.

I've been playing with it for a year and love it. Everyone that has shot with this cue has commented about the great feel it has.

I would recommend one of his cues to anyone.

woody_968
01-19-2004, 01:39 PM
One of the top players in our area uses one and has been very happy with it.

Kato
01-19-2004, 01:42 PM
I have an Omen with an ebony forearm, 6 cocobola points w/holly veneers. It's a great cue.

Pete's also excellent to work with.

Kato

Rip
01-19-2004, 08:49 PM
Jay,
I have a couple of Omen cues and I like the way both hit. Pete's a heck of a nice guy to do business with as well.
Regards,
Rip

Jay
01-19-2004, 10:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rip:</font><hr> Jay,
I have a couple of Omen cues and I like the way both hit. Pete's a heck of a nice guy to do business with as well.
Regards,
Rip <hr /></blockquote>

Tap tap tap to that one Rip. I have been talking to Pete for that past couple days and he is by far the nicest cuemakers that I have ever talked to and you would not believe the deal the he is giving me. For the quality of work that he does it almost seems like he is giving the cue away. I cant wait to see how it is going to play. You are right he is a pleasure to do business with

Ralph S.
01-19-2004, 10:42 PM
Jay, I had the pleasure of giving Tom's cue a bit of a test drive and it was awesome. If you are considering an Omen, I am sure you will be happy with it.

Chris Cass
01-20-2004, 12:46 AM
Oh Boy Tom,

That was one sweeeeet looking cue not to mention, it hit great. Kind of wish you had gotten a little tipsy and I could like, walk off with it in VA. LOL Naa, you know I could never do that but if it was ebony and ivory, the game is on brother. hahahaha J/K, your cue is beautiful and does hit excellent.

Regards,

C.C.~~Note: next yr one pocket with Tom. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
01-20-2004, 04:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Oh Boy Tom,

That was one sweeeeet looking cue not to mention, it hit great. Kind of wish you had gotten a little tipsy and I could like, walk off with it in VA. LOL Naa, you know I could never do that but if it was ebony and ivory, the game is on brother. hahahaha J/K, your cue is beautiful and does hit excellent. <hr /></blockquote>
I won't speak for Tom, but if you ever want to walk away with one of my cues, just leave your SW behind and we'll call it even. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

To keep with the thread, I have an Omen jump/break and it is a great cue. I also agree with what everyone else has said about working with Pete. He is great. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
01-20-2004, 07:03 AM
It kinda does seem like you're stealing doesn't it? Pete's got a nice shop at his house so I think his overhead is a little lower than people that have to rent space. Heck of a nice house though.

Kato

Chris Cass
01-20-2004, 08:51 AM
Hi Rich,

If your lovely wife Cathy wasn't with you the whole time that TS would be mine not to mention that camera you have. That sucker is so huge. Matter of fact there's a lot of CCBers there with excellent cues. Unfortunately, the lights didn't go out long enough at the tourney and everyone had death grips on their equipment. Well, a few tried getting a death grip on Wendy. HAHAHAHAHHA Poor girl.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Pete Ohmen (sp? I know it's spelled different from his cues) not only has an eye for what looks good in a cue but the hit is a very playable. It's hard to have both. He impresses me. Wonder if Voodoo still sells them? Kato is getting a break cue made from Pete. Wonder if he has ordered it yet. With the new condo and the women, and having to buy that jacket for those freezing days about 60 degrees in Fla. Poor guy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~can't wait to see Rich and Cathy again. Very sweet and great people. Nextime I get to ride in the beemer. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Calling shotgun already....

Rich R.
01-20-2004, 09:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> If your lovely wife Cathy wasn't with you the whole time that TS would be mine not to mention that camera you have. <hr /></blockquote>
<font color="blue">Chris, you can have them both, in exchange for your SW. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>can't wait to see Rich and Cathy again. <hr /></blockquote>
<font color="blue">We are looking forward to seeing you too. Look for us at VF. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

Chris Cass
01-20-2004, 09:14 AM
Throw in Cathy and you got a deal. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif See you at Va.

Regards,

C.C.~~wonder if Pete will have a booth at the show?

Kato
01-20-2004, 09:27 AM
Haven't ordered that Ghost yet. It's coming though, got a few things to take care of. Can't wait though.

Kato~~~looking to put a death grip on Chris's SW. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
01-20-2004, 09:29 AM
Chris, Pete had a booth last year. Why don't you e-mail him and ask?

pohman@cfl.rr.com

Kato

Rich R.
01-20-2004, 10:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Throw in Cathy and you got a deal. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif See you at Va. <hr /></blockquote>
I only have one word to respond to that........... "Heide"! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

BTW, although Pete had a booth at the Expo, last year, he is not yet listed for this year. However, he still has time and there are plenty of spaces left.

SPetty
01-20-2004, 01:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> BTW, although Pete had a booth at the Expo, last year, he is not yet listed for this year. <hr /></blockquote>Hi Rich,

I know you know it, but here's for those who don't: Here's a list of the exhibitors (http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com/upperlist2004.html) so far.

Find out all about the Super Billiards Expo in Valley Forge here (http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com) .

I went a few years ago, when I met Rich and the lovely Cathy, and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Barbara
01-20-2004, 05:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> I went a few years ago, when I met Rich and the lovely Cathy, and I'd recommend it to anyone. <hr /></blockquote>

I was there a few years ago and I met SPetty! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara~~~kept on a short chain by the Amateur Tourny desk...

griffith_d
01-20-2004, 05:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> http://www.omencues.com/

I have a Pete Omen cue that has NO Points and is all Cocabola.

I've been playing with it for a year and love it. Everyone that has shot with this cue has commented about the great feel it has.

I would recommend one of his cues to anyone. <hr /></blockquote>

I am a big fan of Cocobolo and no points,...I really like this one with points. I would lean toward buying this one. I like the black points with a Cocobolo forearm.

http://www.omencues.com/171-cue.jpg

Griff

Tom_In_Cincy
01-20-2004, 06:52 PM
Griff.

Take the points away and add a Brown/White speckle wrap..and that's my cue.. built to my personal specs.

Rip
01-20-2004, 07:05 PM
I spoke with Pete a couple of days ago and he is very busy finishing cues he'll be displaying/selling at Valley Forge. He has some new equipment that he's pretty excited about so take lots of cash! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Regards,
Rip

JPB
01-20-2004, 08:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rip:</font><hr> I spoke with Pete a couple of days ago and he is very busy finishing cues he'll be displaying/selling at Valley Forge. He has some new equipment that he's pretty excited about so take lots of cash! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Regards,
Rip
<hr /></blockquote>

Yep, I spoke w/ him before this thread started. It is possible he gets to Valley Forge at least one cue light. I am waiting for e-mail pics and just might get it if I like it. If I don't, you guys can have it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Waiting by the mailbox for that e-mail to arrive.....

Chris Cass
01-21-2004, 12:21 AM
Hi Kato,

Do you think I'm crazy? I can see it now. Hi Pete, you don't know me but.... Anyway, if he comes I'll make a stop by and meet him if he's not swamped. I also didn't make a stop by a cuemaker that had a booth at the Pheasent Run tourney because he was too buzy. He also posts here.

Later brah,

C.C.

Rich R.
01-21-2004, 05:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> I went a few years ago, when I met Rich and the lovely Cathy, and I'd recommend it to anyone. <hr /></blockquote>
I'd recommend meeting me and Cathy too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Or did you mean going to the Expo? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif Yeah, I'd recommend that too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sorry SPetty, I should have posted the links myself. Thanks for covering my back.

Kato
01-21-2004, 08:14 AM
Of course I think you're crazy. Last year Pete sold a lot of cues up there so he'll probably be busy. Talk to him though, he's a heck of a nice guy. Whether or not he remembers me I don't know. Sure he knows Steve, they're friends.

Kato~~~anonymous in the pool world.