PDA

View Full Version : Current Issue of Billiard Digest

griffith_d
01-19-2004, 04:37 PM
Has any one seen the current issue of Billiard Digest with the picture the Lambros cue?

I would like to see a picture.

Griff

Cueless Joey
01-19-2004, 04:51 PM
I just missed that cue at the pictorial last November at the cuemakers' show in LA.
From what I've heard, it's incredible.
From the picture, it looks out of this world.

griffith_d
01-19-2004, 06:40 PM
The reason I asked is Mike Lambros called me today to say that my cue is ready and I asked about his signing of his cues. He said that he does not really sign them anymore except for really exceptional cues, my not being that, and that that cue was signed.

I cannot find a copy of the magazine and wanted to see what he was talking about.

Griff

Jay
01-19-2004, 10:21 PM
The cue is gorgeous!!!! It is solid white I think it may be ivory and it has a bunch of mother of pearl dragons and silver swords and other weapons. It has a lizard wrap that blends into the cue so well and the color kind of makes you think of dragons. It is the craziest and most innovative design that I have ever seen !!!!!

Ralph S.
01-19-2004, 10:39 PM
I remember seeing that picture, in fact, I have that issue still. This cue is nothing short of awesome from a veiwing standpoint.

Rich R.
01-20-2004, 05:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jay:</font><hr> The cue is gorgeous!!!! It is solid white I think it may be ivory and it has a bunch of mother of pearl dragons and silver swords and other weapons. It has a lizard wrap that blends into the cue so well and the color kind of makes you think of dragons. It is the craziest and most innovative design that I have ever seen !!!!! <hr /></blockquote>
I suspect that the ivory with dragons design is aimed at the Asian collectors, who buy up almost everything he makes.

I also noticed that the cue had an overlaid decorative "ML" on the butt, instead of the normal "Lambros" name. Is this something he is doing for special cues or is he changing it on all of his cues.?

griffith_d
01-20-2004, 05:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr> I remember seeing that picture, in fact, I have that issue still. This cue is nothing short of awesome from a veiwing standpoint. <hr /></blockquote>

Scan the picture of the cue and put it up here if you can.

Griff

Foxtrott
01-20-2004, 08:02 PM
As a local that knows Mikes work and cues I can say anything he puts out is nothing but great . Alot of people do not realise but mike held a mean cue a few years back and knows what a player is looking for in a cue . One thing I know for a fact is most makers sacrafice the playability in a cue for the show and collectibility aspect . I have benn fortunate enogh to grow up around these guys -Lambors-Scuggs-Dan-Fry and know all of them . One thing I can say about mike is he passed a lot of good times just to make sure his cues he was working on at the time were perfect .Any lambros cue is a solid investment and if he came out with a new cue and you guys are talking so big on it its gotta be a dream .

Ralph S.
01-21-2004, 02:44 PM
START(
%I_3G3%J`7Q5%Pg5O4%WD9[0%Xf5O6%Y\6D4%Zf8N8

)END

Hey Griff, I am assuming that this is the cue you were referring too?

woody_968
01-21-2004, 03:24 PM
Ralph, here I am thinking Im gonna see the picture of a nice cue, and you put up the drill shot that I already cant get out of my head!!!! ROFL

Ralph S.
01-21-2004, 03:41 PM
Sorry about that, I musta got confused on what I was doing. That is kind of funny though. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ralph S.
01-21-2004, 08:23 PM
http://