PDA

View Full Version : How about that Jason Miller !!!

ShayneinDayton
01-20-2004, 08:15 AM
It's great to see a local player in the spotlight. Sounds like he played pretty sporty in the last few matches. I know he plays one pocket very well also. Hopefully he can make a run at the all around title.

Shayne

Kato
01-20-2004, 08:19 AM
Aparently very sporty. All offense, alot of fun to watch.

Kato

Wally_in_Cincy
01-20-2004, 08:20 AM
Does he play at Airway? I don't think I've seen him in Cincy.

I guess he beat piggy in about 15 minutes. I kept checking back every few minutes to see if the match had started and the next time I checked he was banking his last 2 or 3 balls.

ShayneinDayton
01-20-2004, 08:26 AM
Yea Wally, he plays out of Airway. I know he makes it down your way when the Viking tour comes through. He's always in the money in thoughs events. He finished 2nd in the Viking one pocket event held at Cornfeds late last year.

Shayne

RUNaRAK
01-20-2004, 08:28 AM
Yep, Way to go Jason! He has a shot at anything he plays when his game is on.. I am very happy to see him do well! Joe Brown did not do too shabby either! How about Frank Ruby, did not seem him up there.

Joe:) a local guy too.. Carlise, just south of Dayton

PQQLK9
01-20-2004, 08:50 AM
He totally demolished Piggy, running ten and out for the first two games.You gotta luv this kid. He da MAN!

stickman
01-20-2004, 09:23 AM
I didn't register for the broadcast until Monday. The quality was pretty poor. It may be due to my dialup service. Anyway, I was glad to watch the banks final. Jason's play was nothing short of amazing! I think his opponent was sort of shell-shocked after the first two racks. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I was glad that I decided to buy the event.

Jim

Kato
01-20-2004, 09:33 AM
Hey Stick, I'm on dial-up to. Although the quality isn't incredible it's a lot better than not seeing anything.

That being said I've got cable at work and it's superb. I'll be getting DSL this month again, looking forward to future tournaments.

Kato

Fred Agnir
01-20-2004, 09:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> I didn't register for the broadcast until Monday. The quality was pretty poor. It may be due to my dialup service. Anyway, I was glad to watch the banks final. Jason's play was nothing short of amazing! I think his opponent was sort of shell-shocked after the first two racks. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I was glad that I decided to buy the event.

Jim <hr /></blockquote>I think you might be talking about the semi-finals against Piggy.

In the finals, Jason came from behind 2-1 against Brumback to take it to a final deciding match. The twenty minute break hurt both players, but moreso John Brumback as he looked very ordinary. That's too bad because he was playing tremendously up 'til that point. John made a couple of strategic mistakes that he hadn't earlier, and although Jason missed more in the final match than had in the previous two combined, he still was able to power in enough banks to win 3-1.

Fred

stickman
01-20-2004, 09:57 AM
Thanks for straightening me out, Fred. That is the match I saw. I played in a scotch doubles tournament last night and didn't see the finals. Anyway, I'm glad I watched that one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif