PDA

View Full Version : city sponsors pool tourney??

houstondan
01-20-2004, 11:46 AM
if i've got this right, it's pretty cool. seems the city of s. padre island texas is producing the pool tourney there at the end of the month. the convention and visitors bureau is the contact for the event and, in talking to them about getting signed-up, they told me to make the entry-fee check out to the "town of south padre island, texas".

a city that thinks enough of pool players, and their money, to actually help put the deal together??

i guess we're not in river city, toto.

dan

Wally_in_Cincy
01-20-2004, 11:49 AM
you still got connections at H-town city hall? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Eric.
01-20-2004, 12:12 PM
Hey, welcome home Dan the Man!

IIRC, that is the same So. Padre Island Open tourney that has been going on for a few years. I didn't know the town is involved with promoting it. Good deal.

Eric >wondering if it will get as much t.v. coverage as the OTHER sporting event in Houston...

SPetty
01-20-2004, 02:03 PM
C'mon y'all, I posted (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=ccb&Number=118657&page =1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1) on this a week ago...

I attended in 2001 as a spectator, and in 2002 as a player. It's a lot of fun and the weather is fantastic. randyg is running the thing... I think there's a seniors tourney for the winter Texans right after this one.

Have fun!

houstondan
01-20-2004, 03:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> C'mon y'all, I posted (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=118657&amp;page =1&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;vc=1) on this a week ago...

I attended in 2001 as a spectator, and in 2002 as a player. It's a lot of fun and the weather is fantastic. randyg is running the thing... I think there's a seniors tourney for the winter Texans right after this one.

Have fun! <hr /></blockquote>

i know you posted on it. that's what got me interested. this thing started out sponsored by some pool table company that nobody even heard of. if the city is taking the checks, what's their involvment and if randyg is doin it ask him how it's bca "sanctioned" playing by texas express rules. and the seniors event is happening at the same time. that's what i signed-up for. or maybe there's another seniors event after this one??

dan

cueball1950
01-20-2004, 04:35 PM
welcome back houston dan.. we missed ya.. chesapeake virginia also helps sponsor a tournament. the us open. they donate $5,000 to the purse every year..................mike

houstondan
01-20-2004, 05:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> welcome back houston dan.. we missed ya.. chesapeake virginia also helps sponsor a tournament. the us open. they donate $5,000 to the purse every year..................mike <hr /></blockquote>

well thank you...that's nice of ya.

looks like the city kept the tourney goin after the table co. started it. this time of year the south texas area is filthy with show-birds so i may not have been too smart entering the seniors division. we'll see. makes for a nice road trip anyway.

dan