PDA

View Full Version : Salvation Army just got richer

cueball1950
01-20-2004, 09:25 PM
i just heard on the news tonight that the widow of Ray kroc, He started McDonald's, passed away recently and has donated approximately 1.5 Billion (with a B) dollars to the Salvation Army...Thats alot of moolah. Good for them............................................mi ke

Wally_in_Cincy
01-21-2004, 07:13 AM
Ray Kroc used to take hamburgers and coffee to the bell ringers

#### leonard
01-21-2004, 08:08 AM
Wally not buying McDonalds stock when it first came out was my second big mistake. ####

Wally_in_Cincy
01-21-2004, 08:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote #### leonard:</font><hr> Wally not buying McDonalds stock when it first came out was my second big mistake. #### <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

what was the first? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Chris Cass
01-21-2004, 09:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote #### leonard:</font><hr> Wally not buying McDonalds stock when it first came out was my second big mistake. #### <hr /></blockquote>

####,

McDonalds is great stock to own. It's split several times and continues to grow. Granted it took a dip when we had that mad cow thing but recovered shortly after that. Another great stock is Walgreens. It too has split a few times but what really is common with both stocks are their management. Walgreens, has people working 4 ten hr days and pays very little to the employee till they get up there in higher management.

Regards,

C.C.~~ knows someone who owns quite a bit of it, about 3600 shares, not to mention Walgreens.

Rod
01-21-2004, 09:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote #### leonard:</font><hr> Wally not buying McDonalds stock when it first came out was my second big mistake. #### <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

what was the first? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Playing Pool instead of Golf /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sorry #### had to throw that one in.

Actually an older wise man that I worked with many years ago told me to buy stock. Not just any stock but long established companys. One of those as I recall he mentioned was GE.

I wish I had of played Golf instead of Pool. I got very good at Golf, but I started playing 14 years after I started playing pool. That really is considered an old man now and then. Actually I hit some golf balls well before I ever hit a cue ball. It pissed me off at the time so I wrote it off for years.

Rod

Qtec
01-21-2004, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Walgreens, has people working 4 ten hr days and pays very little to the employee till they get up there in higher management.
<hr /></blockquote>

Sounds great.

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

eg8r
01-22-2004, 09:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds great.
<hr /></blockquote> I completely agree. It is a great system.

eg8r &lt;~~~Does not think a person running a cash register should be making 10 bucks an hour