PDA

View Full Version : Wife snoors now WHAT CAN I DO-No sleep

Foxtrott
01-21-2004, 02:52 AM
I've been married for years .For the past 8 months my wife is snoring and it is so horrible . Anybody have an Idea besides all the wrong things I have been thinking in my head to do to her?Is there like a home remedy or something anyone has heard of to stop snooring ?.As I get less and less sleep it is effecting my pool game so now you can see how serious a matter this has become .Please any help would be greatly appriciated.

dg-in-centralpa
01-21-2004, 06:52 AM
Have her take a test for sleep apnea. This could be a serious problem. My mother snores very loud and we discovered she has this, as does my wife.

DG

Kato
01-21-2004, 08:25 AM
My Dad to. My Mom says sometimes he stops breathing.

Kato~~~snores to, but I'm single and I'm sleeping so I don't care.

Chris Cass
01-21-2004, 09:31 AM
Hi Foxtrott,

I will have to agree with doug on this one. First I'd try the local remedies like those strips before letting her spend the night being checked out in the hospital.

Well, after I think about it I think the couch is the place to be for those impossible days where you need that sleep for the next day. I'd discuss this with her too. True there's nothing more annoying then not being able to sleep. It's also a bummer sleeping on the couch too. I'm so used to sleeping with my wife that it doesn't feel right without knowing she's there.

You know a lot of this snoring thing can be from exhaustion. Maybe she needs a nap say after work for an hr. More than that and she'll be up alnight and that will throw her schedule out even more.

Good luck,

C.C.

SPetty
01-21-2004, 09:49 AM
I've also heard that one remedy is to put a tennis ball in a sock and pin it to the back of her top. It is a gentle reminder that keeps her off her back, where snoring is usually the worst.

Barbara
01-21-2004, 10:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> It is a gentle reminder that keeps her off her back, where snoring is usually the worst. <hr /></blockquote>

You would think, huh?

Pete's an accomplished snoorer. He can snoor at any position.

Barbara

Barbara
01-21-2004, 10:34 AM
Like dg said, get her checked out for sleep apnea. In the meantime, use earplugs.

Barbara

eg8r
01-21-2004, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My Dad to. My Mom says sometimes he stops breathing. <hr /></blockquote> Definitely sounds like apnea.

I have sleep apnea, and I use a cpap. Completely eliminated the snoring. My wife is very happy, plus I am getting better sleep. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r &lt;~~~Hates the mask, thinking about changing it

Wally_in_Cincy
01-21-2004, 12:28 PM
Foxtrott,

Welcome to the CCB. As you can see, you can get just about any question answered here, pool or not. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paul_Mon
01-21-2004, 12:40 PM
An alternative to the CPAP for treating Apnea is the NAPA device. It is a dental appliance that is worn at night to project the lower jaw forward. This allows the airway to remain open and reduce if not eliminate snoring. I used the CPAP for about 3 months and it did work but I found it cumbersome. The NAPA device works great for me. Go to goggle and type in Apnea and NAPA.

Paul Mon~~~~~used to snore like a champion

bluewolf
01-21-2004, 12:53 PM
A real problem for both. WW snores and gets punched, yelled at sometimes a bunch of times before I can get to sleep. I do use music plugs and this helps a lot, but only if the snoring is very soft.

In my prior life, I had to have total silence to go to sleep and cannot get to sleep with any noise, so yes, it can be a real problem, and I understand that sometimes surgery does not even fix this.

Even though he does not do it on purpose, from my point of view I have a right to have peace in order to get to sleep so that is why I yell.

Laura

Voodoo Daddy
01-21-2004, 01:14 PM
I only snore when I'm asleep so I dont know how loud it is but I hear its deafning!!!

Voodoo~~~laughs at what KATO could post

Kato
01-21-2004, 02:18 PM
Voodoo is a World Champion Snorer. Who do you got, send 'em. I'll put all the money on the line, every penny, every dime I'll ever earn. Ever hear a big deisel truck start up? Voodoo is louder. Ever watch those lumberjack competitions with those big chainsaws? He puts 'em to shame. If snoring was like Texas Hold'em then Voodoo would be "all in" every hand and win without bluffing. If Voodoo were sleeping on stage at a Slayer concert you could still hear him in the back row.

Kato~~~worked out a deal with Voodoo. I get drunk and get to fall asleep first then you can wake up the entire floor with your ridiculously loud chainsaw grinding, steam whistle snoring.

PS. There I said it.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-21-2004, 02:24 PM
Me and a buddy of mine from Indiana used to get together once a year and party at a place called the Brass Flamingo, a...er...center for the performing arts, shall we say, in Indy. After the first time he would never stay in the same room with me.

I woke up at 4am and had his boombox on full blast trying to drown out my log-sawing /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

Wally~~gets bad when I drink

eg8r
01-21-2004, 02:28 PM
Is that all. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I used to wake myself up snoring, been quiet ever since the cpap. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r &lt;~~~sleeping like a baby

eg8r
01-21-2004, 02:29 PM
I know I should not ask... [ QUOTE ]
In my prior life <hr /></blockquote> What the heck are you talking about?

eg8r

SpiderMan
01-21-2004, 04:36 PM
Sounds like Voodoo is at least half as bad as my friend Rusty. Once I roomed with him on a diving trip. Our patio door faced the ocean, and I had to leave it open every night so the surf crashing on the seawall could help put me to sleep. Only worked for a few days, though, because the fishermen claimed he was scaring away the fish.

He'd start drinking every evening after the news, keep me awake talking as he poured drink after drink, then suddenly and totally drop into a roaring stupor. I had no chance to beat him to sleep.

SpiderMan

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Voodoo is a World Champion Snorer. Who do you got, send 'em. I'll put all the money on the line, every penny, every dime I'll ever earn. Ever hear a big deisel truck start up? Voodoo is louder. Ever watch those lumberjack competitions with those big chainsaws? He puts 'em to shame. If snoring was like Texas Hold'em then Voodoo would be "all in" every hand and win without bluffing. If Voodoo were sleeping on stage at a Slayer concert you could still hear him in the back row.

Kato~~~worked out a deal with Voodoo. I get drunk and get to fall asleep first then you can wake up the entire floor with your ridiculously loud chainsaw grinding, steam whistle snoring.

PS. There I said it. <hr /></blockquote>

Qtec
01-21-2004, 05:16 PM
Sleep at your girlfriends!!!LOL

Sorry, couldnt resist.

Q

Have you done a google search? I recently read something about a sort of mask or something that is supposed to cure snoring.

Foxtrott
01-21-2004, 05:37 PM
Thank you all for the suggestions . I think I will do as suggested and get the strips before I do the hospital thing . I never knew there was a medical condition to this and I will reasearch this a little further .

dg-in-centralpa
01-21-2004, 06:48 PM
My wife and mother also use a CPAP. Definitely not the most romantic thing to wake up to, but if it keeps them alive....they both stop breathing without it.

DG - grateful for modern technology

Foxtrott
01-22-2004, 04:09 AM
We have the breath right strips now at $14.99. Dig this . They are an adhesive tape with a small spring in them that keeps the nostrils kinda open . I do not hear snooring . I HEAR A LOUD BREATHING LIKE I HAVE NEVER HEARD BEFORE IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPPP I want to go to sleep!!!!

eg8r
01-22-2004, 09:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Definitely not the most romantic thing to wake up to, but if it keeps them alive....they both stop breathing without it.
<hr /></blockquote> Do the romantic stuff first. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I definitely enjoy breathing all night.

eg8r

bluewolf
01-23-2004, 07:05 AM
The loud breathing is just as bad as the snoring imo. I am like you, just want peace and quiet.

Laura

TomBrooklyn
01-23-2004, 03:36 PM
Make love to your wife every night when you want to go to bed. When your done you will be tired and you will fall asleep before she does.

Stretch
01-25-2004, 01:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Foxtrott:</font><hr> Thank you all for the suggestions . I think I will do as suggested and get the strips before I do the hospital thing . I never knew there was a medical condition to this and I will reasearch this a little further . <hr /></blockquote>

Hi. I use the strip. Don't know what you call it down there but up here in Canada you can just pick them up almost anywhere. Sleep-eas or something like that. You see football players where them on there noses all the time too. It really improves the air intake through your nose and gives you a good nights sleep. One of the great side effects happen to be less snoring. My honey says it dosn't cut it out completely but it sure does cut it down or right off most times. There pretty cheap too only 3 bucks for a 12 pack and i don't wear one every night just when she needs one /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif St