PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday/Thursday Ring Games

tateuts
01-21-2004, 01:17 PM
Anybody know the times of the these new Ring Games?

Chris

Wally_in_Cincy
01-21-2004, 01:24 PM
Their schedule over there seems to be...uh...flexible /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

still way cool though

Tom_In_Cincy
01-21-2004, 07:04 PM
as of 8:20pm eastern, there were only 3 players and they needed 6 for some reason to 'get it on'

griffith_d
01-21-2004, 07:48 PM
short of research,....what is a ring game. I was asked to play the other night, but it was getting late.

Griff

ras314
01-21-2004, 07:56 PM
Chat room seems to be best source of info. Doesn't seem to be up today.

9 yr old's been playing on the tv table, little rascle has one heck of a stroke. And doesn't miss much. Anybody catch what his name is?

ras314
01-21-2004, 08:01 PM
Same as two person game, only 3 or more. Winner collects the money from the others. BIH rules may change.

griffith_d
01-21-2004, 08:02 PM
is it like cutthroat in 8 ball?

Griff

ras314
01-21-2004, 08:15 PM
No. Regular 9 ball usually. Often with the five ball as additional money ball, 9 ball still game ball but respotted if made while 5 still on table. Everybody pays the 9 ball maker.

Can be dangerous to get in a game with strangers as two or more can partner up to give the other good leaves. Or one can simply play you safe every time. Apt to be a few racks before you shoot again if good game players in the game.

JimS
01-21-2004, 08:20 PM
That's Landon Shuffett (sp?). He was on Letterman and on Ripleys Believe It Or Not. He's quite a player.

ras314
01-21-2004, 08:26 PM
Thanks, Jim. Think it was his dad playing him awhile. Fantastic!

Must have a diamond table at Home. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW, Chad told me the tv table was a Diamond Pro Smart table. Has a timer so you put in your money and play till the time runs out.

JimS
01-21-2004, 08:59 PM
Their smart tables also have some sort of new optic system to detect the cue ball going down the shute so you can use a regular cb instead of a heavy or magnetic or over sized ball. Pretty cool.

Don't forget to get their light...and a rack...and a table cover...and ......... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kidding...but the light is cool!...and really completes the ensemble.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

JimS
01-21-2004, 09:03 PM
I guess it's pretty clear that there will NOT be a ring game tonight...wed. It also appears equally clear that there will not be a 8 pm feature game tonight. I wonder what connection not having the chat line running has to not having any matches on line tonight? Suppose they shut down the chat to minimize the bitching and moaning about the ring game etc? I'm too cynical. My apologies.

pass
01-21-2004, 09:10 PM
it would be nice if they would put some kind of match online....any match, i don't care who it is.

ras314
01-21-2004, 09:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr> Suppose they shut down the chat to minimize the bitching and moaning about the ring game etc? I'm too cynical. My apologies.
<hr /></blockquote>
Suspect you may be right, though its been off a long while.

Sactown was kickin 'em off last night left and right.

Thought the one about Rod's underware was hilliarious. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tateuts
01-21-2004, 10:08 PM
Too bad. I was really looking forward to another one. I guess there's only so many players willing to put up 5K against the best in the world to sit and hope you get some shots.

Chris

ras314
01-21-2004, 10:11 PM
Yeah, gave Chad that exact list. Walnut. Plus Super arimath pro balls, their price is as good as anybodys. Hope to finilaze the order tomorrow, those guys are BUSY! Beth now knows my voice instantly. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Watched the replay of rg1 conclusion, great pool. Accustats will sell a bunch of those I betcha.

JimS
01-22-2004, 09:16 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Walnut!!!!! Sound be-u-teeeeee-fulllll. Mine is done in the light oak because I have a bunch of antique oak furniture in the room.

The racks they sell are expensive but I'd buy mine again. VERY heavy duty. You'd have to see one to believe it....it must weight 3 or 4 lbs...well ok..I exaggerated.I just got out the postal scale, the Diamond rack weighed 20 oz. I have one of those expensive Roller racks in the closet...the one's with the bearings imbedded in the corners...it weighs 11 oz soaking wet /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif . The Diamond rack is the bomb. OOps! I'm "on" again.

If you have doubts just have them bring one along when they do the install.

Wish I gotten their table cover. Maybe if I'd bought it when I bought the table I'd have been able to talk them down on the price. Too much to spend now that I'm using the table every day and don't bother to cover it since I'm going to vacumn it every night. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Happy for ya.

UTAddb
01-22-2004, 02:19 PM
What was going on last night? I turned it on at about 2:30 just hoping that there would be a ring game but instead it was some one pocket game with some woman (who was a great shot) and a man. I think grady had a large part in it and there seemed to be some money involved.

Cueless Joey
01-22-2004, 02:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote griffith_d:</font><hr> is it like cutthroat in 8 ball?

Griff <hr /></blockquote>
It's really 9-ball or 10-ball ( 5 ball might be money ball too) but no ball in hand ( you can make the shooter reshoot if he fouled and on scratches, cb goes to the kitchen).

Mike B.
01-23-2004, 09:42 AM
I once watched a ring game in Omaha, NE where they were playing if the previous player missed (did not runout) the incoming player received ball in hand! Talk about brutal!

DoomCue
01-23-2004, 10:00 AM
We used to add a twist on the usual ring game rules. If a money ball was combo'd, you still got money for it, but it was then spotted. This allowed you to make more than two money balls per rack, which greatly increased payouts when combos were made.

-djb

Fred Agnir
01-23-2004, 10:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DoomCue:</font><hr> We used to add a twist on the usual ring game rules. If a money ball was combo'd, you still got money for it, but it was then spotted. This allowed you to make more than two money balls per rack, which greatly increased payouts when combos were made.

-djb <hr /></blockquote>This is how it's done in most the ring games and money-ball games I've played in my area.

Fred

DoomCue
01-23-2004, 10:19 AM
That's funny, the guy who got us started on that was from Connecticut! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-djb

Perk
01-23-2004, 10:54 AM
We double dip the money balls also. Players that fly at the money and are successful can put up some numbers before you even get to shoot. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif