PDA

View Full Version : Would you trust? What no escrow on cues ?

Foxtrott
01-21-2004, 06:50 PM
I have had a couple offers on the nova cue and the other cues and case I have for sale/trade.Any resonable offer I have ran into a wall . I tell people we can use escrow for safety .Immiediently I get replies on to ship the cue first . Then I offer a few very big named cuemakers as the middle man as they can judge the cue condition and all as I have no problem with that on the cue. Same thing ship the cue first . I think people are trying to rip me off. I even have 1 lady that says she is in that book you guys use to judge the price of cues and has the biggest collection in the world and whatnot but NO ESCROW...Whats the deal Im offering that more for their benifit than mine. and we just find a safe middleman .Whats up with the no escrow ? ID be an idiot to ship a cue to a perfect stranger without payment .Why no escrow on cues ?The cues mentioned if it matters
http://www.tradedepo.com/praygodschildrenscuespictures.html

bigshooter
01-21-2004, 09:33 PM
You are wise not to ship before payment, If they are afraid of using an escrow service then something is not right.

woody_968
01-21-2004, 09:50 PM
Yup, if they dont want to escrow I wouldnt even cosider it. Think next time I buy something on ebay Ill ask the seller to ship it before I send payment and see how that goes /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tateuts
01-21-2004, 10:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr> Think next time I buy something on ebay Ill ask the seller to ship it before I send payment and see how that goes /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

You would have to see the credit manager, Helen Waite.

Go to Helen Waite /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

logixrat
01-21-2004, 10:19 PM
I think you are wise to NOT ship w/o payment. To me, they are only declining an escrow service for 2 reasons. The first is they are not legit, and just trying to rip you off. The second being is maybe they are unfamiliar with them, and how they work. And possibly the escrow service will cost THEM more money.

There is no way I'd ever sell something online, eBay or privately, and ship it w/o my payment. I think most people understand that. So yeah, don't cave in to their requests. Stand strong and wait for the RIGHT buyer. Also, you might offer to drive within a certain radius to help facilitate a local pickup &amp; you can exchange $$ and items at the same time.

Foxtrott
01-21-2004, 10:49 PM
Thats a good fact . I think that the escro services offered by a few of the billiard sites would be ok as they can check the cue and get the cash . I dont think an escro service that did not check the item and could not grade the condition would be any good .I refuse to do ebay as I have gotten stung bad . I think escro will maybe be a great business investment in the near future as there must be a solid company established with experts in all fields . If you look at it we sell and buy and trade on some very expensive small Items . Ive been offered so far 2 different cars on the nova cue in trade .(neither was a trans am or camero so I turned them doen) but thats a car for a poolstick . I beleave in the theory of escrow the more and more I hear about it . Id pay $25 not to not to loose that cue .

SPetty
01-22-2004, 08:26 PM
You said it best your own smart self:<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Foxtrott:</font><hr> I think people are trying to rip me off... I'd be an idiot to ship a cue to a perfect stranger without payment.<hr /></blockquote>