PDA

View Full Version : Disapointing shipment from Mueller.

woody_968
01-21-2004, 07:12 PM
Just recieved an order I had placed with Mueller. I had ordered a pro cup cue ball, a box of tips, and another item for tip repair. It came in today, without the cueball, and the comments said it was out of stock and to re-order at another time. The whole reason I had placed the order was because of the cue ball! If I had been notified before shipment (as I feel I should have) then I would have cancelled the order as now I will have to pay shipping again to get what I wanted in the first place!

Sorry, just had to vent a little.

Popcorn
01-21-2004, 07:18 PM
Have you called them?

Doctor_D
01-21-2004, 08:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr> Just recieved an order I had placed with Mueller. I had ordered a pro cup cue ball, a box of tips, and another item for tip repair. It came in today, without the cueball, and the comments said it was out of stock and to re-order at another time. The whole reason I had placed the order was because of the cue ball! If I had been notified before shipment (as I feel I should have) then I would have cancelled the order as now I will have to pay shipping again to get what I wanted in the first place!

Sorry, just had to vent a little. <hr /></blockquote>

Good evening:

Mueller is a reputable organization with a history of good customer service. Contact them and explain the fact that your main interest was the cue ball and request that they accept a return of the entire order as well as to credit you with the cost of shipping. No business wants a dissatisfied customer. However, no business can do anything to correct an error or replace or accept for return an item with which you are not satisfied if you do not tell then directly.

Dr. D.

JimS
01-21-2004, 08:18 PM
I placed an order for that cue ball today via the internet. About 2 hours later I got a phone call from Muellers informing me that they were out of those balls and were having a heck of a time getting them. I cancelled my order.

I'll bet they will work with you on the shipping if you give them a call tomorrow.

Anybody know where I could get one of those balls? The ball being used at the Derby on the Accustats table is the one we're talking about.

Troy
01-21-2004, 08:21 PM
Having done business with Meueller's for more than 5 years, I too have occasionally ordered an "out of stock" item. After calling them I was always informed that no additional shipping charges would be made. All it takes is a simple phone call to their Customer Service number.

Troy

stickman
01-21-2004, 09:28 PM
My best recent purchasing experience was from Muellers. I placed a order on Thursday of last week, and the UPS delivery person handed me my shipment Friday evening, the following day!!! Nothing was back ordered or out of stock. My worst recent purchasing experience was from Harbor Freight. I still have items ordered from January 2nd. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif I ordered some other items from Harbor Freight on 01/15. One of the things I ordered was a drill chuck for my lathe. I was told it would be a least a month before it would ship. Still its not the horror stories that I've heard from others. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bigshooter
01-21-2004, 09:36 PM
I've bought from Muellers for years and always had great service I'm sure it will just be a matter of letting them know what the problem is.

woody_968
01-21-2004, 09:47 PM
I did e-mail them, and must say they were quick to return a reply. They were notified on the 19th that this cueball is no longer going to be available. I had placed my order on the 15th, so at that point either they had already shipped without it, or decided to go ahead and ship when they found out they couldnt get it. My complaint is they didnt notify me first either way.

At this point I wont return the other items I ordered, as they are things I needed anyway. And this doenst mean I wont order from them again, just a lil frustrating.

Jim, I am currently looking for some place that may have them in stock, if I do Ill grab two and save one for ya.

JimS
01-21-2004, 09:51 PM
Thanks. I'll take it if you can find it. I tried Hawleys, Seyberts, billiard warehouse, beads &amp; billiards, with no luck.

ras314
01-21-2004, 10:41 PM
I've had good service from Muellers.

Worst has been ordering from an outfit called ifloors. Took 3 weeks "checking inventory" to tell me they would ship in 2 months. And they haven't answered emails. Looks like I'll have to install flooring after my table arrives. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Be glad for Muellers.

Popcorn
01-21-2004, 11:27 PM
That's it, and your first response is to go on an Internet board and make a post titled
"Re: Disappointing shipment from Mueller." Basically trash them..
They will bend over backward to satisfy you and you don't even give them a chance. Are you in business? I guess I have been dealing with the public too long. As you say
"Sorry, just had to vent a little" hope you don't mind.

woody_968
01-21-2004, 11:39 PM
Actually yes I deal with the public every day. And as for their response, well, if you must know I thought it sucked. I said I would order from them as I know at times things happen that people cant control, and most everyone has said how well they thought they had been treated by them so maybe this was just one of those times. But to not notify a customer that what they have ordered is not in stock is poor business. And then when the customer contacts them the reply is simply, we were notified several days ago that we wouldnt be able to get this any longer. Not to mention if I hadnt contacted them I may have tried to re-order as they had instructed me to do.

I am not saying you dont have a point, I could have waited before I posted. But for one I was pissed, and for two if I had waited their reply sure wouldnt have helped to change my views to much. My complaint with them was more the fact that they shipped a partial order than the fact that they didnt have what I wanted. And that was never addressed in the reply.

stickman
01-21-2004, 11:48 PM
What's the big deal with a cue ball with red pokka dots anyway? /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I've seen them being used, but don't know for sure when or why. Is there a some advantage to these balls? I've seen some of the instructional balls that look sort of odd, but I understand the concept for them. Could they be for helping to see the effect of english on the cue ball? I was kidding about the pokka dot balls, but I'm curious about the reason for the unique looking balls.

Inquiring minds want to know. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jim

woody_968
01-21-2004, 11:56 PM
LOL no big deal really, a friend of mine actually had one several years ago and it was fun to mess around with. I wanted it to mess around with while doing some of the different drills I am working on. Not to mention the cueball I have came with the cheap set of balls I purchased and it is, well, less than perfect. Guess I need to go order my red circle cue ball, as that is what most tournaments around here use.

If that didnt really answer the question, I wanted to see if I was putting unwanted spin, or more than wanted spin, on the cueball. Yes this can be done by using a stripe ball as a cue ball, or by watching the cueball spin all the way up table when I only wanted to go 6 inches, but I needed a better Qball anyway so thought I would get one.

disclaimer, not trying to be a smart!@#, thought I would put this in as you couldnt see the smile on my face when I was typing.

stickman
01-22-2004, 12:08 AM
My curious was getting to me. After hearing that you was looking for one and Jim S., and I was beginning to see them on some of the televised matches, I had to wonder what I was missing? I wondered if it was something like that. Out here in the sticks we are sometimes a little slow catching on to these new fangled gadgets. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Popcorn
01-22-2004, 12:39 AM
"And as for their response, well, if you must know I thought it sucked."

I am sure you did, It not nice when you are the one being criticized is it?

Anonamus
01-22-2004, 06:20 AM
I ordered a bunch of stuff for my pool table and everything shipped except for the SuperSpeed rail rubber. I called them and asked if I would have to pay shipping for the rubber when it came in. Their answer, "Of course not".

So, do you even know if you have to pay shipping again or are you just assuming?

woody_968
01-22-2004, 08:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> Quote
"And as for their response, well, if you must know I thought it sucked."

I am sure you did, It not nice when you are the one being criticized is it? <hr /></blockquote>

What does Muellers response to my question have to do with being criticized?

woody_968
01-22-2004, 08:08 AM
I can no longer get it from them, so I will have to pay shipping from someone else (if I can find one).

pooltchr
01-22-2004, 11:54 AM
Sometimes, things don't work out exactly as we want them to work. It sounds like they did their best to give you everything they could. If they shipped nothing because one item on the list was out of stock, how many people do you think that might p*ss off? They aren't mind readers. Most of their customers most likely want everything else they order, even if one item on the list isn't available.

woody_968
01-22-2004, 12:00 PM
I agree with that, but just dont think its too much to ask to be notified before its shipped.

Troy
01-22-2004, 01:37 PM
Hey Woody, instead of pissing about it on the board, how about calling Mueller's Customer Service at 1-800-925-7665. It's highly likely the person taking the order was unaware of the stock situation. Explain to them that all you really wanted was the one item and that you ordered the other "stuff" as an after-thought. Ask them nicely if they will take that other "stuff" back and if they will cover shipping. The worst that can happen is they'll say "No".

Troy...~~~ Has always had good service from Mueller's

Chris Cass
01-22-2004, 04:10 PM
Hi Troy,

I've done a lot of business with Muller and they've always been good about things. They are reasonable in price on many things. I always stop at their booth at all the tourneys and buy something. They keep me in catalogs and when they've shipped me stuff they send me this cool 8ball key ring. It's not a lot but the thought that really counts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~happy to see Troys back.

jjinfla
01-22-2004, 06:00 PM
Hi Woody,

I had a similar situation with some stuff I ordered from them on-line. Two books in an order were out of stock and they told me to re-order. It would have been nice if they told me that I wouldn't have to pay for shipping on the re-ordered item.

I did send them an e-mail to them complaining about having to pay additional shipping costs if I wanted to re-order the item. But they never replied to my e-mail.

But reading the above it must be my fault - I should have called customer service.

Most businesses I have dealt with in the past would put an item they were out of on back order and would send it to me when it came in. In fact most companies do that. Or if the item is no longer being carried by them I would receive notice saying so. But to just have a policy to bluntly tell the customer that the item is out and re-order later without any explanation is a serious error by the company.

But, when they had everything I wanted, the the order was filled promptly.

Unfortunately, they now are not my first choice for purchases anymore.

Jake

And I never got one of those cute 8-ball key ringy thingys either.

Troy
01-22-2004, 06:10 PM
IMO they have the policy of having you re-order in case maybe you don't want to wait and would rather have the order cancelled. If they put the item(s) on back order and automatically shipped to you, you could have ordered elsewhere and end up with duplication. Then they would be called on the carpet for that. Sounds like a lose-lose situation to me.

I do agree that the order desk people should be more aware about out of stock items.

Troy