PDA

View Full Version : Question about the settings for CCB

04-21-2002, 10:21 AM
After I read a post it turns from blue to purple. But the next time I open the cue chalk board, only the posts I read on page 1 are purple. The unread posts on page 1 are blue. But on all the other pages, most of the posts I read are now blue. And I often can't tell which posts I read & which posts I didn't read yet. Is there a way I can set something so that after I read a post it will remain purple no matter what page it is on when I come back to the cue chalk board? There are many long threads on the CCB. That makes it impossible for me to know which posts or messages of the threads I read & which posts or messages I didn't read yet. Thanks for any help.
Eddie G from Chicago

Tom_In_Cincy
04-21-2002, 11:19 AM
If you are using Netscape, I can't help you,, but if you are using Microsoft's Internet Explorer (ver. 5.0 or higher) you can adjust your settings under tools/internet options/colors/ and select Windows Colors.. this setting is different than the default for CCB and the posts that you have read, will be greyed out.. and the new posts will be blue.. That's the way mine is set.. and works nicely

04-22-2002, 01:33 AM
Thanks Tom. I know very little about computers. I have this site saved as a favorite on AOL. I click on the favorite and start at the log on page.

cheesemouse
04-22-2002, 08:54 AM
Eddie,
Try re-saving to favorites after you reach the message board and then when you leave the ccb do not, I repeat do not logout. Another suggestion is to use the 'backspace' key when you are done with a thread and wish to return to the main board, this will return you right to were you left off and not at the top of the list. this way if you know a few keyboard short cuts you can navigate without the mouse. Hope this helps. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

04-22-2002, 09:08 AM
Thanks Cheesemouse. Before I saved the log in page to my favorites. And I wasn't logging out at the end of my sessions. But everytime I came back I had to log in or I was anonymous. I resaved to favorite from the message links page. And when I returned this time I didn't have to log in. And when I only read a few posts in a thread I was using the backspace. But I wasn't using the backspace when I read several messages in a thread. Thanks again.