PDA

View Full Version : Can a pin be straightened?

bigshooter
01-22-2004, 08:47 PM
I put my Joss on the table yesterday with the shaft sticking over the table end a few feet and rolled the cue and tip waggles slightly, I tried 3 different shafts and got the same result all 3 times which leads me to believe my pin may be slightly bent.
Can a pin be straightened? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

ted harris
01-22-2004, 09:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigshooter:</font><hr> I put my Joss on the table yesterday with the shaft sticking over the table end a few feet and rolled the cue and tip waggles slightly, I tried 3 different shafts and got the same result all 3 times which leads me to believe my pin may be slightly bent.
Can a pin be straightened? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Most of the time this problem can be solved. The pin can sometimes be straightened out by a qualified cuemaker. If not, then a simple replacement will solve the problem (if the pin is bent.) Could be several other reasons as well; facing of joint (shafts and/or butt), butt warped causing facing to be off. Best way to tell is to roll the butt on the table without the shaft and watch to see if the pin bobbles or if the front is bobbling. If not, then just have the butt refaced. If that doesn't work, then have the shafts refaced too. Sometimes, even after all this, they still wobble! Any cuemaker will most surely know how to do these procedures. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Good luck!