PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year! 4702! Year of the Monkey!

TomBrooklyn
01-23-2004, 02:25 PM
Kicked things off last night with a visit to VINTAGE NEW YORK, www.vintagenewyork.com (http://www.vintagenewyork.com), where they sell 5 samples of any wine in the store for five bucks.

That was followed by a visit to CHARLYS on Church Ave and Trinity Place for hot dogs. The meat was OK but it was undercooked and served on a cold bun. Very disappointing. I ordered the cheese dog and it came smothered in a ton of Velveeta which was pretty good and helped to warm up the dog. If you go there, make sure you tell them to cook that sucker. I usually like my dogs well done because no one knows what's in them.

After everyone was satiated and stuffed, the next stop was Chinatown (in Manhattan, not the one I live in in Brooklyn.) Mott Street and the environs were rife with confetti! A big party in the streets.

I finished up the evening with a stop at Ovington Lounge for a visit with Jean Balukas and some watching of the late rounds of the Open Nine Ball Tournament where nAz was in the hot seat and being cheered on by 9BallGirl.

TomBk