PDA

View Full Version : Espn The Magazine

Rod
04-21-2002, 11:31 AM
What's your take on Mark Cuban's thoughts about Jeanette Lee and Pool? I read a lot into that one sentence. 10 hours?
This come from their April Magazine.

Here is the headline and story, you may have read this.

WITH A FEW HOURS TO GO BEFORE SPORTSCENTER, I LOGGED ON ...TO VOTE FOR THE LADIES.

Mark Cuban doling out soft ice cream can get more than a minute's time on SportsCenter. (One minute 16 seconds, to be exact.)

I am leaving out some BS and getting to the story.

Believe it or not, the site presents you with a bracket. like the NCAA Tournament. A field of 24, which means two women get a bye from the third round into the Final Four. If only Gonzaga could get a sweet deal like that.
There are no seedings, No regionals, although the first round match up of Russia's Anna Kournikova against Yugoslavia's Jelena Dokic smacked of one. In my bracket, though, there was a Cinderella: a triathlete out of Hawaii named Lokelani McMicheal. She made my final four, beating out Brandi Chastain and Jeanette Lee, who can be seen playing pool 10 hours a day on ESPN2.
Lokelani's glass slipper broke, however, when she met the formidable Gabrielle Reece. In the other final four matchup, Serena Williams squeaked by the WNBA's Nikki McCray when McCray called a time out she didn't have. The finals, like most of it's NCAA counter parts, didn't live up to the hype. It was Gabby over Serena in a romp, so to speak.
How far did Anna make it? She got knocked out in the second round. Art imitates life. Ah, yes, back to work!