PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Rip off

Foxtrott
01-23-2004, 07:23 PM
Your going to love this a few months back I was ripped off on ebay after alot of communication with the guy . There is not a thing I can do about this as I can not prove what is in a box when recieved and that it is not sent to a comfirmed address or not. So I take the hit and say no more ebay. Now I offer a few cues up for sale or trade on a few boards and the same idiot from the same Email address mails me at my same e mail address tries it again . He has my same name and address and has not relised that he ripped me off a few months ago and is running the same hustle again.This time it is set up time .I think I have one now .Can they not remember who they rip off as it is so many ?
Tommorow I will contact the detectives and let them close the deal this time with the guy /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

woody_968
01-23-2004, 08:02 PM
Sorry to hear you were taken before, hope things go well this time, as people like that need to be stopped /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

tateuts
01-23-2004, 08:23 PM
I know you will have to be careful, but if there is any way you can alert us as to a screen name or as to what city he resides in, it will be helpful.

Chris

Harold Acosta
01-23-2004, 09:10 PM
You should have contacted Ebay on this issue. I have over 150 purchases at Ebay and on three occasions I had trouble with transactions. I followed Ebay policy and since I made my payments through Pay Pal, I got my money back. It took some time and lots of paperwork, including filing with the Better Business Bureau but everything was completed to my satisfaction.

Nowadays, it seems that Ebay is not what is used to be. There are far more people looking to stab you with shady merchandised but you have to be a little saavy. Check their ratings, and even contact some of the people who have purchased from the vendor. If you have any doubt whatsoever, don't do business.

...and if you used Pay Pal, try purchasing their buyer protection program when making payments. Its a few dollars more but peace of mind is sure worth it!

If you are a vendor, offer everything including Escrow, and do your best to describe the merchandise in its true condition. Don't hide behind walls indicating you know nothing about the product, etc. If you are selling something, be forward about it, you definitely must know what you are selling to be able to answer client questions.

Again, if in doubt, do no business.