PDA

View Full Version : Corey Duell's awesome shot

srvrules
01-24-2004, 03:15 PM
hey guys,
whenever I look in mueller's catalogue and at the cues Corey endorses, I see the diagram from this shot that "one pro says is the best shot he has ever seen" I tried to work it out in my head while looking at the diagram but I cant get it. Can anyone explain it to me?

JohnnyP
01-24-2004, 06:03 PM
Is that the one from the Mosconi Cup in the UK last year? The CB was frozen on the short rail up table, near the corner pocket. The two ball was straight into the oposite corner, just past the side pocket. He jacked up, shooting a masse shot, made the two ball straight in, and drew the CB all the way back to the top rail, and spun over to the other side of the table, for shape on the next ball. The crowd loved it. I've watched it on replay a few times, and to me, it's a magic trick.

Sid_Vicious
01-24-2004, 10:02 PM
That was one of the best pressure shots I've seen. The way he walked into that shot with nothing short of a serious attitide without hesitation, and hit that shot for shape...damn, I'm impressed...sid

sandgnat
01-25-2004, 04:47 PM
That was an absolutely amazing shot! I was watching it with my 11 year old son this morning and he thought it was really cool. I am just introducing him to the game since we got our first table last month and now I think he is really hooked! (Can't seem to get his slightly older sisters interested, though.) Anyway, he wanted me to show him how to hit that shot... I guess I'll have to get Corey to come over and give us both a lesson!

nAz
01-25-2004, 05:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JohnnyP:</font><hr> Is that the one from the Mosconi Cup in the UK last year? The CB was frozen on the short rail up table, near the corner pocket. The two ball was straight into the oposite corner, just past the side pocket. He jacked up, shooting a masse shot, made the two ball straight in, and drew the CB all the way back to the top rail, and spun over to the other side of the table, for shape on the next ball. The crowd loved it. I've watched it on replay a few times, and to me, it's a magic trick. <hr /></blockquote>

Ya that was one hell of a shot, but what i think truely made it great was that he pushed out to that positon. I heard he had practice that type of shot many times but that was the first time he had come across it in competition. What TIMING!

sandgnat
01-25-2004, 09:06 PM
I had no idea he was playing it to his advantage in that respect. It looked like a generally reasonable push out to me. I'll bet he was stoked when it was given back to him.

Chris Cass
01-25-2004, 10:23 PM
Hi JohnnyP,

Could you set this up on the WEI table for me?

Regards,

C.C.

JohnnyP
01-26-2004, 01:11 AM
I don't have my tape handy to layout all the balls, but this is the essence of it:
START(
%CS7Y8%JT7E4%Pr8E9%Wr6N9%XU9F0%YV5E7%Zq9F0%[a7Z2%\r8P3

)END

)END

WEI table (http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/pooltable2.html)

nAz
01-26-2004, 02:26 AM
I think it was set up more like this: START(
%BT6D8%CS7Y8%Dn4Y0%Hg9M3%IP9O9%Pr8E9%Qh9L8%Rq9E2%Y q1G7%Zi9M6
%[V7E0%\q9E8%]k1V9%^V4C6%eB9b3
)END

If i remember correctly he pushed from position (A) to (B), then he jacked up the butt and hit it hard drawing the cue off the rail (not sure where the CB was hit). something like that. Van der Berg was stun silly /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif just unbelievable, although i remember lucking/slopping in shots like this many time /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Buckster_uk
01-26-2004, 05:50 AM
Everyone went wild when he pulled it off, amazing shot.

You saw Niels Feijen look amazed by it when the camera cut to him!

jjinfla
01-26-2004, 06:24 AM
I think the ball he hit was on the side rail. Trying the shot I find I can make the OB, just can't get any draw on the CB.

But this is a prime example of how the pros think when they push out. When they push out it is to a spot where they have a good chance of making what looks like an impossible shot. Or to where they can play the perfect safety.

Jake

Perk
01-26-2004, 07:31 AM
Amazing Shot....but go back and watch it again. He ended up losing that rack. He scratched or dogged the 8ball....Seems he might be human.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-26-2004, 09:37 AM
I mentioned that shot when I got his autograph at DCC. He just grinned.

Even though he had practiced it before, I think he even amazed himself with that one.