PDA

View Full Version : Read With Interest.. Plse Help

Midnightgold
01-24-2004, 05:35 PM
Hi All
I read Armandito's post "buying new table Brunswick V Connelly" with great interest, in the 35 or so replys to his post , of which there was more pool tables mentioned than i thought existed /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif , there wasnt a single mention of an Olhausen table, As i am stuck here in Australia and do not have the access to the selection you have of quality tables, i always thought that it was a Brunswick Vs Olhausen For the best table, and as i will be doing all my buying sight unseen and importing a table, my prefrence was the Olhausen Grand Champion which will set me back approx US$7000 with all import duties.. but not one mention of an Olhausen in the above post worried me a little, can anyone shed some light on why they wouldnt rate a mention in the post or am i just getting paranoid .. thanks for your time...

ajrack
01-24-2004, 06:07 PM
Olhausen makes a good table, especially the heavy oak tables. Have you checked around OZ for "Gold Crowns"? I think there are some for sale in Melbourne! I travel there about every year and take different supplies. If you wish more OZ billiard supply info ...contact:
ajrack@yahoo.com

Scott Lee
01-24-2004, 08:14 PM
Olhausen tables are excellent in all respects. Their top of the line "furniture style" table sells for $10K, and is a beautiful table, imo. It plays as well as a Connelly Ultimate, GC, Gabriels, etc., and looks terrific in any size home.

BBCVD
01-25-2004, 08:38 PM
I have had two Olhausen tables in my home over the span of 18 years, and they both have played just as well as any Gold Crown or Diamond table that I have played on. But what do I know, I also use a Meucci cue and like it.

sandgnat
01-25-2004, 09:01 PM
--Tap, Tap, Tap--

I also love my Meucci.. you are not quite alone in the universe...YET

ras314
01-25-2004, 09:10 PM
Two guys that haven't had their Muecii fall apart...yet. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Most pool halls I've been in have Brunswick and/or Gandy tables. One had Olhausens that played very well indeed. I find it difficult to compare brands in pool halls because it depends so much on how well they are maintained.

JimS
01-26-2004, 07:20 AM
I researched Brunswick vs Olhausen 5 yrs back prior to my first table purchase and found that, imo, they ran neck and neck all the way. My decision to go with a Brunswick for my first table was based on my prefrence for the Brunswick dealer who was a very straight shooter. He told me he'd order the table, no down payment, set it up, have me play on it and if I was happy then I'd pay for it. Business done with a handshake. Gotta love it. It made me feel like he'd take care of any problems that might arise down the road....and he did.