PDA

View Full Version : Bob Runde Cues

dooziexx
01-27-2004, 09:49 AM
Anyone has any experience with his cues? Does his cues have the same hit/feel as a Schon since he was part owner of Schon a while back.

hadenball
01-27-2004, 12:31 PM
I friend of mine is part owner of a pool room where I bought my schon in '86 the same year he got his G. Szamboti. He loved that cue and not too long ago he bought a Bob runde cue and was playing with it instead of his szamboti if that tells you anything. haden

BLACKHEART
01-27-2004, 02:03 PM
After Bob sold Schon Cues, the quality went down. His deal with the buyers forbid him from making Qs for a time. He is back making Qs under his own name & the quality is great...JER

tateuts
01-27-2004, 02:03 PM
Runde is well respected as a cue maker. I think all his cues are collectible from day one. I had a chance to play with one and I would say it played just fine like a top custom should. Was it like a Schon? No, not really.

Chris

Foxtrott
01-27-2004, 07:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dooziexx:</font><hr> Anyone has any experience with his cues? Does his cues have the same hit/feel as a Schon since he was part owner of Schon a while back.
<hr /></blockquote>
Yes , Bob makes a great cue .If you are compairing the schon of today to a Bob Runde the answer is no they will not shoot the same .The Runde cue will not have the same dead weight feel as the schon has.Although the schon is a limited or whatever way they want to put out their 5,000,000
1 of 12s and whatnot for the month I will tell you after I lost my cues I went to a schon dealer to get a schon as I had a runde schon stolen and what the guy handed me was dead weight . So I tried about 10 of them and they got deader the fancyer they were . Then he sent me to a guy that had a runde for sale . I bought that cue. From a person that swore buy schons as I had the same cues for years I can tell you for a fact a runde willnot hit like a schon and a schon does not hit like a schon if that helps.
I would recomend a runde cue any day of the week and I am not a cue collector I am a shooter .

Pelican
01-27-2004, 08:24 PM
<hr /></blockquote>

I would recomend a runde cue any day of the week and I am not a cue collector I am a shooter . <hr /></blockquote>

Hey foxtrott, ya can be both ya know /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have a small colletion and enjoy shooting with SOME of them. Have a couple I don't use but just enjoy owning. Runde sounds nice, I'll hasta keep an eye out fer 'em. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif