PDA

View Full Version : My boss will buy me a Pool Table - Need help !!!

csidden
01-27-2004, 01:28 PM
Hello all!

I was just joking around with my boss - the CEO of the company I work for - about needing a Pool Table. I have been trying to get him to bet me on the outcome of the Super Bowl and put his table up for his end of the bet. He told me to go to the Brunswick Website - He has some connections with Brunswick - and pick out any 4 x 8 table (within reason) that I want. He specifically told me that the Gold Crown is not an option.

Help me decide! Before this conversation, I had been considering a Diamond Pro. What table would you pick???

TomBrooklyn
01-27-2004, 02:00 PM
I'd pick a 4 1/2' x 9' if I could fit it and pay the difference in cost if that would fly with the boss.

Fred Agnir
01-27-2004, 02:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote csidden:</font><hr> Hello all!

I was just joking around with my boss - the CEO of the company I work for - about needing a Pool Table. I have been trying to get him to bet me on the outcome of the Super Bowl and put his table up for his end of the bet. He told me to go to the Brunswick Website - He has some connections with Brunswick - and pick out any 4 x 8 table (within reason) that I want. He specifically told me that the Gold Crown is not an option.

Help me decide! Before this conversation, I had been considering a Diamond Pro. What table would you pick??? <hr /></blockquote>If a Gold Crown isn't an option, are you saying a Diamond Pro is?

What's your end of the bet?

Fred &lt;~~~ I'd opt for the Brunswick Montebello

bigshooter
01-27-2004, 03:06 PM
My boss whom I lovingly refer to as "my wife" refuses to buy me a pool table. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Iowashark
01-27-2004, 03:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigshooter:</font><hr> My boss whom I lovingly refer to as "my wife" refuses to buy me a pool table. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

My boss, whom I lovingly refer to as "my wife" bought me a pool table to get me to stop going to the pool hall so much.

csidden
01-27-2004, 03:32 PM
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.

I had every intention of buying a Diamond Pro 9' Table within the next few months with MY money. After this turn of events, however, I need to pick myself out a Brunswick. I have read on this discussion board many times that the "lower end" Brunswick have questionable quality. I know you all know your tables. I don't want to make a mistake in this decision - I have looked at the website and like the Medalist table - is that a table of "questionable quality"?

Fred Agnir
01-27-2004, 04:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote csidden:</font><hr> Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.

I had every intention of buying a Diamond Pro 9' Table within the next few months with MY money. After this turn of events, however, I need to pick myself out a Brunswick. I have read on this discussion board many times that the "lower end" Brunswick have questionable quality. I know you all know your tables. I don't want to make a mistake in this decision - I have looked at the website and like the Medalist table - is that a table of "questionable quality"? <hr /></blockquote>The modern Brunswick Medalist is an excellent table. Built on the same idea of the Gold Crown III (and maybe now the Gold Crown IV), it is one of the best examples of a commercial-style home table. Other than not having a leg leveling system, for the most part you'll think you're playing on a Gold Crown.

The bill should be about the same too /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Fred

cycopath
01-27-2004, 04:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Iowashark:</font><hr>My boss, whom I lovingly refer to as "my wife" bought me a pool table to get me to stop going to the pool hall so much. <hr /></blockquote>

Did it work?

Iowashark
01-27-2004, 04:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr>
Did it work? <hr /></blockquote>

A little bit, not in her favor though. It's probably tripled my practice time, and only cut my pool hall time by 25%.

woody_968
01-27-2004, 04:36 PM
I ran a tournaments and a cue shop in a room that had medalist tables. They were not as good as GC's of course, but after I had them recover all the tables with Simonis these tables played great. They are the ones I would recommend.

csidden
01-27-2004, 05:16 PM
He just gave me a raise. The bet is - I lose and I get no raise next year. I win and I get double raise next year - would be roughly 20% more (I wanted to add his Gold Crown to that but he didn't think that was a good idea.)

By the way, I'm in NC - pulling for the Panthers. He's in NH - Pulling for the Patriots of course...

logixrat
01-27-2004, 05:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote csidden:</font><hr> He just gave me a raise. The bet is - I lose and I get no raise next year. I win and I get double raise next year - would be roughly 20% more (I wanted to add his Gold Crown to that but he didn't think that was a good idea.)

By the way, I'm in NC - pulling for the Panthers. He's in NH - Pulling for the Patriots of course... <hr /></blockquote>

So let me get this right, if you win you double your raise next year, approximately 20%. If you lose, no raise. But regardless of win or lose, you get the table?

Hehe, are you hiring? I need a boss like that!!

csidden
01-27-2004, 05:56 PM
That is the way I understand it. Not a bad deal, huh?

Ralph S.
01-27-2004, 06:06 PM
What is the name of your company and what is your boss' name. I want to direct the mailing to the appropriate person. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ralph S.&gt;putting his resume in envelope right now. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Harold Acosta
01-27-2004, 07:09 PM
Why not go with the Gibson? Its about $2,000 less than the Gold Crown and its a very nice table.

Check it out here:

http://www.brunswick-billiards.com/products/brunswick/tables/casual/gibson.html

PQQLK9
01-28-2004, 10:30 AM
The WPBA use this table on some of their tour stops.
It is a beautiful table.