PDA

View Full Version : Yankees Prohibit Players to play Billiards?

Tom_In_Cincy
01-27-2004, 11:44 PM
The Yankees want their players to play baseball and nothing else. The standard Yankees contract prohibits participation in even the tamest activities, including bowling, bocce, table tennis, billiards , fishing, croquet and shuffleboard. More adventurous pursuits log-rolling, luge and steeplechase are also banned.

They might just pay Mr. Boone the $5.75 million salary just to make sure they have the 3rd baseman next year..

Read the entire story here... (http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/27/sports/baseball/27BOON.html)

ajrack
01-27-2004, 11:52 PM
How about playing SNOOKER or POOL?

Tom_In_Cincy
01-28-2004, 12:01 AM
Lawyers... can't even get it correct about POCKET Billiards..LOL

Boone will get his money...one way or the other..

eg8r
01-28-2004, 08:05 AM
While I understand putting these items in the contract to save their own butt, I don't understand what could happen playing pool. You can get hurt in bowling, and maybe in table tennis if you are diving for the ball but that is pretty extreme. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As far as Boone getting paid, I say no way if he is out for the season.

eg8r

#### leonard
01-28-2004, 09:28 AM
I don't think they think playing Billiards will harm you. It is more like someone hitting you with a pool cue that will harm you.

Boston"s Jim Lonberg made that clause necessary. Jim was never the same after skiing into the woods. ####

Troy
01-28-2004, 09:47 AM
More proof that Steinbrenner has more money than brains.

Steve Lipsky
01-28-2004, 11:08 AM
Hey Tom. During the season, Roger Clemens and Andy Pettite were approximately once- or twice-a-month regulars at Amsterdam. Derek Jeter, who lived across the street, was in a few times also.

It's a shame Clemens and Pettite are moving to Houston. I could have made a fortune in blackmail. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

- Steve