PDA

View Full Version : Rackmup - Where's The Fish ?

Doctor_D
04-22-2002, 05:11 AM
Good morning Ken:

So, aside from buying some new cues on your way to and from the lake, how did you do this weekend? Did you catch the BIG ONE or did he get away again?

Dr. D.

rackmup
04-22-2002, 05:37 AM
Dr. D,

It's funny...last weekend, I did very well. On Saturday, I caught a lot of fish and on Sunday, I played well in my "every Sunday" 9-ball tourney SO...

This week (prior to the weekend), I went to Academy Sports and picked up a new Ultra-Lite Crappie rod and a micro Shimano spinning reel. On the way to the lake, I stopped at Hawleys and picked up the new Schon LTD cue.

I arrived at the lake, we hit the water before sunrise AND basically, got SKUNKED. We only caught a handful of White Bass and even fewer Crappie.

On Sunday, new cue in hand, I won my first two matches, lost my next two and was relegated to the railbird seats.

Funny...no matter how much money I spend on stuff, it doesn't seem to improve my skills.

Regards,

Ken (laughing at himself & his foolish spending habits but hey, I LOOKED like I knew what I was doing)

Chris Cass
04-22-2002, 07:20 AM
Well Ken,

That's what you get when you try to shoot with a fishing pole. Most people use a broom stick. LOL Well, off to sit in a 8hr meeting to play games and lose 75 bucks. Boy, I hate that place. Got another meeting Thurs. There goes my pay check. Not to mention, aww forget it.

Regards,

C.C.~~wishes he was pookie. LMAO