PDA

View Full Version : No Mosconi Cup??!?

SPetty
01-29-2004, 04:03 PM
I just received a phone call from home that the 4 p.m. Mosconi Cup isn't on??!?

Dammit!

tateuts
01-29-2004, 04:13 PM
Well, the morning match here from 8a - 10a was on. On the west coast, our schedule showed 2p - 4p.

Don't fret - you probably taped 2 hours of really terrific senior women's volleyball.

Chris

Harold Acosta
01-29-2004, 06:56 PM
It was delayed one hour. I finished seeing it about an hour ago. ESPN2 did let the audience know of the change in the bottom portion of the TV screen. One of those ticklers they call it. It was continously shown indicating the change.

Needless to say, these past weeks I have been very happy. I have never seen so much Pool on TV. My wife, who has been with me all week long watching the games, have learned a few names herself! She was very impressed with Strickland's play and named Johnny Archer as the "little devil" himself. LOL!

...and she was obviously rooting for Tony Robles, and has liked Rodney Morris since she saw him at the Puerto Rico 1996 Camel Tour Gran Prix.

<font color="blue">Billiards: A passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

9 Ball Girl
01-29-2004, 07:52 PM
I liked the way the players were portrayed in the beginning. So dramatic! Oh, and although I forgot his name, I love the announcer. So energetic!

Keith Talent
01-29-2004, 07:54 PM
Who is that guy, the one who's a cross between a hobbit and that comic who screams?

PQQLK9
01-29-2004, 08:10 PM
SID Waddell

UTAddb
01-29-2004, 10:30 PM
yes, sid is hilarious! He's bobbled it! I love how he emphasizes random words. And he picks up his CUE stick. Those crazy brits.

Buckster_uk
01-30-2004, 02:56 AM
Sid Waddell is the commentator. He commentates on most Matchroom Pool Events, as well as Darts coverage over here on Sky Sports.

Jon McDonald is the announcer, he also is involved in most Matchroom Events like the World Championships, The World Pool League, The World Pool Masters and of course the Mosconi. He is also a Boxing announcer over here for Sky Sports.

SPetty
01-30-2004, 12:39 PM
Oh, who cares about televised pool anyway... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The man can build me a house, build him a shop, build me a pool hall, but he can't seem to get the hang of how to use the VCR. Just got a phone call saying "something's wrong with the VCR..."

Who cares about televised pool anyway. &lt;-- This is just the protection mechanism kicking in...

Wally_in_Cincy
01-30-2004, 01:13 PM
I'll dub you a copy.

Wally~~can't build a house