PDA

View Full Version : What's next with Pool Gizmos?

Harold Acosta
01-29-2004, 07:16 PM
With so many pool gizmos out there for us to purchase and "improve our game" (limbsaver, predator shaft, pool glasses, justabridge, sardo rack, dotted cue ball, nylon or leather glove, among others), I'm just surprised no one has come out with the "Ultimate Pool-Players Shoes" to help support your body from the strain of standing for so many hours, or the "Ultimate Pool-Players Visor" to help you block the damaging rays of the pool table lights, or the "Ultimate Pool Players shirt", a mesh-like, see-through shirt, made of lightweight permanent-press nylon, so that you could have the liberty to stretch on shots without having to take out your shirt....etc.

Anyone out there wishes to venture with me on these latest, technology advanced "weapons"???

I'm sure we can make a profit. Just need the "right" partners......or am I just "Crazy"?

Just remember....I said it first here at the CCB.

Barbara
01-29-2004, 07:33 PM
Loco, just plain loco.

Barbara~~~oh yeah, if I had the startup dough, maybe... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Keith Talent
01-29-2004, 07:58 PM
And now that the estimable Johnny Archer was seen whipping out a cue extender today on Mosconi coverage, maybe it's safe to rescue mine from the pile of cat-litter encrusted vacuum cleaner parts in the back of my closet. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

stickman
01-29-2004, 10:09 PM
Don't forget your laser guided cue pool!!! HaHaHa /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cueless Joey
01-30-2004, 12:40 AM
I have a 3-line gizmo that attaches to a shaft.
Since there are only 3 shots in pool according to some physicists, just aim one of the three to the center, edge or whatever of the ob. Tt will go in.
Also, these are my guaranteed not to jump again gizmo.
Have somebody twirl one of these above your head while you're shooting. He/she stops twirling after only after the balls have stopped. You get up b4 the balls stop, you will never do it again. http://simplealbum.com/j/o/joeygonzogocom/My%20Pics.dir/nunchuks.jpg

stickman
01-30-2004, 02:27 AM
Then there's the EZ Bridge. Have wheels, will travel. HaHa

http://www.poolndarts.com/images/products/thumb/E/thumb_EZ10.jpg

And what player would do without the 3ball rack? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

stickman
01-30-2004, 03:05 AM
To go along with along with the Break Rak, we could invent the No Quarter in The Jukebox cueball trainer. A cueball with a short heavy rubber band attached, simply secures the lose end of the band to your cue. We could sell a million of these things!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

stickman
01-30-2004, 03:25 AM
Are you ashamed to wear a shooting glove? Tired of the messy talc all over the table? Use Liquid Shooters Callous. (formerly known as Super Glue) Carefully apply the bridge fingers with Liquid Shooters Callous, being sure not to touch the other fingers (cue stick, balls, felt, beer bottle, etc.) until dry. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

stickman
01-30-2004, 03:39 AM
The yohimbe bark break cue. Breaks 20% more balls. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif We could sell these on the late night infomercials. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

#### leonard
01-30-2004, 06:49 AM
Harold in my day my opponents needed a padded cushion to make their sitting more bearable.####

Kato
01-30-2004, 07:35 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

That's why You Da Man ####

Kato~~~my opponents usually are worn out from shooting so much /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
01-30-2004, 09:00 AM
We played in a bowling alley last night. This one guy had six bowling balls. He had 3 each in 2 cases on wheels.

I saw several folks with cases holding 3 balls. I worked once with a lady whose boyfriend was a pro bowler. He traveled with 16 balls. So I guess there are bowling googans too.

Iowashark
01-30-2004, 10:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> see-through or the "Ultimate Pool Players shirt", a mesh-like, see-through shirt, made of lightweight permanent-press nylon, so that you could have the liberty to stretch on shots without having to take out your shirt....etc.

<hr /></blockquote>

Yep, and Jeanette could be the spokesmodel for this. Make a whole line of pool playing garb, put it in a catalog with her modeling everything and call it 'Jeanette's Secret'

I'm seeing dollar signs, people. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cueless Joey
01-30-2004, 01:25 PM
My new tip hardness tester.
I'll charge 5 dollars more per tip . http://www.jtsmach.com/074.jpg

UWPoolGod
01-30-2004, 01:29 PM
Someones gonna reinvent the wheel by coming out with a newer brand of sandpaper or cleaning solution that doesn't quite keep the cue clean...but is a little better than the rest.

PQQLK9
01-30-2004, 01:29 PM
I like it Joey but it's too big to fit in my 3x5 Instroke. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Harold Acosta
01-30-2004, 04:07 PM
Great Idea! I would call that the "Ultimate Pool-Players Butt Cushion! Guaranteed to you comfy for the entire tournament!

Paul_Mon
01-31-2004, 05:28 AM
Keith,
I'm not really into any pool gizmo's but the cue extender is one thing that I'm truly interested in. Why did you put it away? It seems that at least once per session I wished I had one, rather than use a bridge. A guy told me just yesterday that a used paper towel roll actually makes a good extension! Gonna try that out today.

Paul Mon

JimS
01-31-2004, 06:16 AM
Yes! I loves my Cue Reach!

Rich R.
01-31-2004, 08:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> Then there's the EZ Bridge. Have wheels, will travel. HaHa

http://www.poolndarts.com/images/products/thumb/E/thumb_EZ10.jpg
<hr /></blockquote>
Stickman, although this bridge on wheels seems crazy to you and me, I believe it is used very effectively, by some of the wheelchair players.

woody_968
01-31-2004, 09:09 AM
I have one of the black cue extenders that slides over my cue. Works well but once you get back so far your bridge hand actually gets back to the butt of the cue which doesnt slide very well over your skin. I use it most for playing snooker where there are some shots I cant reach with a bridge unless I use the extender.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-31-2004, 10:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> Stickman, although this bridge on wheels seems crazy to you and me, I believe it is used very effectively, by some of the wheelchair players. <hr /></blockquote>

Come to think of it I know a one-armed player who could use that. He made something similar on his own.

stickman
01-31-2004, 11:26 AM
I figured that in many situations, you would scatter balls all over the table with your wheeled gizmo when you took your practice strokes. Then you also have to watch your follow through. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Jim

Keith Talent
01-31-2004, 02:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Paul_Mon:</font><hr> Keith,
I'm not really into any pool gizmo's but the cue extender is one thing that I'm truly interested in. Why did you put it away? It seems that at least once per session I wished I had one, rather than use a bridge.

Paul Mon <hr /></blockquote>

Well, I ordered one after I lost a set for a few bucks because of a missed stretch shot. But I felt pretty damn geeky even practicing with it, let alone pulling it out in a game. Also doesn't fit in my hard case ... and there's the rub issue when you're up past the bare part of the shaft. So, I figured I oughta get a little better with the bridge.

But, hey, I may rethink it, though I think it may be hooked up to my Hoover. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JimS
01-31-2004, 05:54 PM
Paul,

The Cue Reach that I mentioned is the commercial name for the cue extender that you like. I love mine and even changed over to a soft cue case so I'd have room to carry it.

I got a Lucasi soft case and I use the Cue Reach as a protection sleeve for my break cue butt and then have tubes from hard cases for my other butts and shafts.

Paul_Mon
02-01-2004, 08:06 AM
For the replies. I'll be at Vf next month and will be able to try them out. As for extenders that scratch, obviously thats no good. I would assume that any of them could be made scratch proof with the addition of some "moleskin". Which is like adhesive backed velvet.

Paul mon

#### leonard
02-01-2004, 11:41 AM
The pool table brush makes a good bridge for one handed players. The two lengths of hair, make an ideal draw and follow bridge height. ####

Wally_in_Cincy
02-02-2004, 07:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote #### leonard:</font><hr> The pool table brush makes a good bridge for one handed players. The two lengths of hair, make an ideal draw and follow bridge height. #### <hr /></blockquote>

Yes ####. This guy also uses the table brush as a bridge sometimes. Thanks.

Have you known many one-armed players?

Another question. If you offer to give your opponent a spot by playing one-handed, are you allowed to use a device such as the table brush as a bridge?

Dagwood
02-02-2004, 08:13 AM
that's a gaff that I've seen used. The spot was that the better player had to play one handed, no rails. Nothing was said about not using mechanical bridges. So he did indeed use the table brush as a bridge. I've also seen people carry around a normal table bridge with only about 6" of the shaft sticking out. They place it where they need it, place the shaft in, and get down like they are shooting a normal shot. Pretty sly stuff...

Dags /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Foxtrott
02-02-2004, 10:14 AM
Why dont you just make a machine to play the game for you . I mean get real all this crap out there that is supposed to help your game and be better and whatnot . Its all junk . There is not the level of players now days as in the old school.Wonder if the GIZMOS have anything to do with that ?
I have the best gizmo for pool shooting . Its called a cue. You keep worrying about your gizmos and Ill keep takeing your money . I like that.

#### leonard
02-02-2004, 10:18 AM
According to Joe Canton, Andrew St. Jean, the ""Lowell Kid" was the best one handed player he ever saw play. He shot like he was throwing an arrow. He saw him run 90 balls once.

There was a later player, whose name I don't know but his nickname sounded like A-Goose-atay. I played in a 14.1 qualifer with him but never saw him play one handed.####