PDA

View Full Version : Ewa Mataya to the BCA Hall of Fame

Harold Acosta
01-29-2004, 07:36 PM
Yeap! It seems that the lovely Ewa Mataya Laurence has made it into the BCA Hall of Fame over Allen Hopkins and Earl Strickland.

I was kind of rooting for Strickland but then, what the heck do I know???

More info at the AZ Billiards website.

<font color="blue">Billiards: A passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

Pelican
01-29-2004, 08:35 PM
Fantastic!!! Way to go Ewa /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Steve Lipsky
01-29-2004, 10:08 PM
Is there any reason that they don't split the candidates by gender? Ewa accomplished a lot in her career; she is certainly at least partially responsible for the WPBA being where it is today. But Ewa herself would probably tell you there is a problem with the format when she is elected to the Hall before Hopkins or Strickland.

- Steve

Troy
01-30-2004, 11:34 AM
Could not have happened to a more deserving Lady.

Troy...~~~ Will lose no sleep over Strickland missing out.
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> Yeap! It seems that the lovely Ewa Mataya Laurence has made it into the BCA Hall of Fame over Allen Hopkins and Earl Strickland.

I was kind of rooting for Strickland but then, what the heck do I know???

More info at the AZ Billiards website.

<font color="blue">Billiards: A passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Chris Cass
01-30-2004, 11:44 AM
Personally,

I'm happy for her. She's always been one of my favorites. I think they should induct a few more and they should let Grady in too. IMHO

Regards,

C.C.

RUNaRAK
01-30-2004, 01:17 PM
Tap tap....C.C
I fully agree.. She is a class act &amp; deserving of the award.

pooltchr
01-30-2004, 02:15 PM
Gotta love it! And I already have my tickets to the HOF banquet!

Harold Acosta
01-30-2004, 04:08 PM
I don't know how the votes are cast, or how many you need to make it to the HOF but I think that Earl should have made it.

I have a hunch that Earl will have to sweat this match long and hard before being inducted.

Barbara
01-30-2004, 05:20 PM
Jimmy Caras is smiling from above. He always loved Ewa.

Barbara

dg-in-centralpa
01-31-2004, 09:03 AM
I agree with Ewa being inducted but I think Allen more so than Earl. In the last 10 years Allen has done more for our sport than anyone other than the Behrman's. His expo in Valley Forge just keeps growing. If he practiced more, he could still be a force to be reckoned with. Earl with his attitude at the Mosconi Cup, probably will have to wait a long time.

DG - just my honest opinion.

Harold Acosta
01-31-2004, 02:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> I agree with Ewa being inducted but I think Allen more so than Earl. In the last 10 years Allen has done more for our sport than anyone other than the Behrman's. His expo in Valley Forge just keeps growing. If he practiced more, he could still be a force to be reckoned with. Earl with his attitude at the Mosconi Cup, probably will have to wait a long time.

DG - just my honest opinion. <hr /></blockquote>

DG, I just read a BCA press release at AZ Billiards. Among the things said, the statement indicates that "The BCA Hall of Fame honors outstanding people whose competitive skills and dedication have enriched the sport and industry of billiards."

Taking this into mind, I absolutely have to agree with you concerning Allen Hopkins. If the BCA truly honors "outstanding people whose competitive skills and dedication have enriched the sport and industry of billiards" I just cannot see how they missed on selecting Allen Hopkins.

Oh, and by the way, the BCA did elect Mr. George Balabushka in the Meritorious Service category.

More info could be found in the AZ Billiards website.