View Full Version : I don't feel good now

PQQLK9
01-29-2004, 11:22 PM
http://www.charlotte.com/images/charlotte/charlotte/7825/thumb_61230897875.jpg
James Brown arrest picture

Chris Cass
01-30-2004, 10:56 AM
Hi Nick,

I haven't been keeping up with the news lately. James does look rather beat. Kind of like after a three day drunk. Been there, done that.

Regards,

C.C.

PQQLK9
01-30-2004, 11:00 AM
He just got bailed out for beating up the latest wife.

Chris Cass
01-30-2004, 11:18 AM
Hi Nick,

What's up with him? It's not that he's 20 yrs old. Not that age matters when hitting a woman. I think it's a shame some men do this kind of thing. I grew up with 5 sisters and can't imagine someone doing this.

I asked Spike one day if he'd ever hit a girl. He told me heck yeh he would, if they hit him. I was floored. I told him, I taught him to respect all women and always walk away from them, if he ever felt he was going to hit one.

I know with the womans lib movement. Them in the work place competeing and the military. Still, that doesn't make it right. Anyway, back to James. Love and pure hate has a fine line between them. To bad that a man that's lived a rough life, going to prison, pulled himself up through the church ( believes he's a rev ) , made a singing career and still he doesn't see. Someone needs to tell James the nextime he's got the feeling, he should put a cap on it.

Thanks,

C.C.

Kato
01-30-2004, 11:23 AM
Great Post Chris.

That's exactly what you should do. Always treat women with respect no matter what they do to you. More often than not they'll return the favor.

Kato~~~would never, could never, and would probably get beat up anyway /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sid_Vicious
01-30-2004, 11:54 AM
This is a very sensitive subject, yet I read that his event was a pushing down and a resulting scuffing of one arm on the lady, but I might have missed something more about the actual story. I somehow wonder sometimes if these celebrities, especially after they've(James Brown, etc.) had previous legal trouobles, are made quick accusatory targets in some of these things. I have known of spousal abuse done to men at times where the guy is beaten, so I personally feel that there may be two sides here as well. Yall can condemn me if you want, but there is also a line that can be crossed(imo) by an angry woman that requires at least some physical motion to defend yourself, to escape. I'm giving James the benefit of the doubt. Would I slug a woman? Hell no, but there is some equality level on the man's side to modestly make an escape, sometimes requiring physical evasions resulting in physical markings. Like I said, even men in some unhealthy relationships do get physically abused by some women, and equality means just that to some reasonable threshold. My personal belief it that you should "grab your hat and run" if you can, but sometimes it becomes very difficult without some physical "steering". Two people living together will have some turmoil, most don't end in physical means, but just because it does at times, doesn't always make the guy the total guilty party in my opinion. Every case is different...sid

9 Ball Girl
01-30-2004, 12:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> That's exactly what you should do. Always treat women with respect no matter what they do to you. More often than not they'll return the favor.<hr /></blockquote>

Hey Kato, you got any room for me at your place? I can't seem to find someone like that here in NY... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

nAz
01-30-2004, 02:06 PM
I once had a girl spit in my face and my first reaction was to back slap her face. I could not walk away from that /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Another time i had this broad nag me no end on our way to the movies, inside the theater she got pissed about whatever i had done with someone else and she punched me hard in the arm, I got pissed and grabbed her and pushed her up against the wall told her off and then she ran off. thank god it did not get worse then that , i mean i truly believe a man should never hit a woman but at the same time some women should learn not to push those buttons i mean it looks like some may be looking to get into a fight with a guy and god forbid they do it with some hothead who may have no control.
I now run a way from any girls who start up with me.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-30-2004, 02:11 PM
hard to beat this one /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

http://www.mikesnewsquips.freeservers.com/ph9,13,2nicknolte.jpg

Keith Talent
01-31-2004, 03:14 PM
Amen, Sid. If man causes an incidental bruise by raising his hands to protect himself from a woman-gone-berserko, some people (especially the flailing female) are superquick to call him an abusive pig. Gotta hear the rest of the story.

Reminds me of a cute tale from when I was driving a cab. I picked up these two women from a well-known, hard-ass all-female watering hole. They were plenty drunk and obnoxious, tossing around insults on the ride. I just ignored them, but I guess they were disappointed they couldn't get a rise out of me, so when we got to their destination, I turned to see them piling out onto the street. Then, there's this huge BANG beside my head -- one of them had heaved a bowling-ball-sized ice block at my head, but it just missed and hit the open divider.

Now I'm a little upset, and they started strolling away without paying, either. So, I jump out and grab one of them by the arm, saying, something to the effect of, whaddayathink you're doing? Just then, some macho moron jumps in, dislodges them and informs me: NEVER TOUCH A WOMAN! You gotta love it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Had to write that whole mess off. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
01-31-2004, 03:19 PM
Thelma and Louise? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Keith Talent
01-31-2004, 03:40 PM
They were nowhere near that good-lookin', I tell ya. More like Roseanne and Rosie O'Donnell.

Chris Cass
02-01-2004, 04:21 PM
Hi Sid,

I know there's circumstances which a man might need to use some physical means to avoid a altercation with a woman. There's also a time when someone has to realize that it's not a healthy relationship and whoever man or woman should get out of it. IMO if your involved in a relationship that becomes borderline abuse one should seek counciling or chuck it.

I'm not trying to condem James but I truely believe James was wrong. I asked myself why? Well, it's because of his past, what he's been through and alcohol abuse. I guess I should turn down that jury duty thing when asked.

I think counciling is the best second step. The first would be to separate. That way everyone is safe to think and act in a responsible mannor.

Regards,

C.C.~~thanks for the reply.

Chris Cass
02-01-2004, 05:08 PM
Hi Keith,

What where talking about is relationships. What your talking about is a self defence situation in which IMHO you should have let them go to begin with. I drove a cab for a short while and my father drove one in Chicago inbetween jobs when I was young.

To me the fair is just change. Something that happens when you drive a cab. You report the situation to dispatch and write it off. You inform the police and that's it. Myself, would have nipped the situation in the bud. The first comment made to me I would have stopped the cab and tell them to get out.

Regardless if they were lesbian macho dudesses or not. It sounds like your trying to fit the situation to make it right? No kidding a man would stop and get involved with another man trying to physically control a woman in public. No matter what they looked like. It's morally unacceptable in our society.

If they pulled out a gun and popped ya one. Later, you would have kicked yourself for getting shot over a cab fair. Is there a time when a woman should be man handled? Yes, when it's life threatening.

Regards,

C.C.

Keith Talent
02-01-2004, 10:39 PM
Chris,

Upon further review, I've gotta agree that I digressed a tad there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And yeah, there wasn't much to do about it, but I was kind of in a state of shock over the whole thing at the time. Certainly, I realized pretty quickly I had to let it go. And it didn't seem worth going to the cops over, either, at the time, though I might have been doing society a favor with those two terrors out there in the street.

Yep, Brown's record won't help him any in this latest mess. As for myself, I have had to fend off a few unhappy women in my time, but things never progressed to where anyone dialed 911. How that happens, I can only guess.

Chris Cass
02-02-2004, 04:11 PM
Hi Keith,

So many people don't know half the crazies one gets when driving a cab. My father encountered plenty. I'm sure you have some good ones too.

My father once got stuck up with a kid holding a gun on him from the back seat of course. My father was one crazy guy himself. He pulled a Japanese dagger out on the guy with the gun and told him he was going to cut his heart out. The kid ran like a banshe out of the cab. I always knew that my Dad was off the wall when it came to getting even or getting disrespected. Myself, would have given up the doe. Back then, my father only got so much money and the cab was rented. 7 kids to feed and I think he couldn't take anymore crap off anyone. So, I do see your point.

Regards,

C.C.~~nice to have a slight difference of opinion without losing a freind. Thanks Keith. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keith Talent
02-03-2004, 08:48 AM
Chris,

Now why didn't I think of carrying a Japanese dagger? That coulda saved me all kinds of trouble. Funny story, seeing as he lived.

Yeah, the humiliations of being a cabbie ... or of being James Brown or Nick Nolte, busted again. Sometimes it's too much, eh? I did the job during the 2 Reagan administrations, but have plenty of warm and fuzzy memories, you could say. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I remember one other street confrontation that might be amusing. There was this guy, ordinary, schleppy sort of fellow, took a $4 ride from the East Village up to the East 30s. Gave me this story about how he'd lost his wallet or whatever, but was real EARNEST and if I'd give him my address he'd send me the dough in a few days. So, what the hell ... I knew there was about a 5% chance of this actually happening, but I like to see what people will do, as a kind of anthropological test, you know, so I gave it to him, and watched the mailbox ... nothing, of course.

Anyway, I'm sitting at a light with a fare a couple months later on First Ave. and St. Marks, and I hear this VOICE coming from the next lane over. "Now, I just lost my wallet but if you'll take me up to East 36th St., I absolutely guarantee, I swear, I'll send you the money ... " So there's this WEASEL again, in the same spot where I'd picked him up. Now this was too much ... I jump out of the cab, march over to the curb, yank his tie up, start giving it to him, "You low-life piece of ####, you got zero class, you sorry blah, blah, blah ... and then the question was, NOW WHAT? He was standing there limp, and I was almost ready to burst out laughing, but I was also steamed with having been taken. Nothing more to do. Just dropped his tie, brushed my hands off, got back in the cab as the light was about to change ... said, "Now, where where you guys going again?" They didn't give me any attitude, at least, pretty quiet, as fares go, I tell ya. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sometimes it's a pretty close call as to who's crazier, the cabbie or the fare, I guess.

Chris Cass
02-04-2004, 09:20 AM
HAHAHAHA Good for you.

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif