PDA

View Full Version : Schon que tips

Bassmaster
01-30-2004, 08:01 AM
Dose anyone know exactly what cue tip is used with the Schon cues? I've tried a Talisman Med Pro,Lepro,Triangle and non seem to feel the same? Evan Clark will not say what tip is used?

Rip
01-30-2004, 08:12 AM
Seybert's sells Schon tips. You can't order them thru their website but you can by calling their toll free line.

http://www.seyberts.com/

Rip

Bassmaster
01-30-2004, 10:02 AM
I called Seyberts order line...They do not sell schon cue tips. The saleman thought it might be a Le pro...but after further investigation..he said "no its a Schon tip" Now to figure out what is a Schon tip?

PQQLK9
01-30-2004, 10:26 AM
Try Hawley's Billiards in Dallas,TX 1-800-938-3000
Ask for ED, tell him Nick from Charlotte refered you.

Bassmaster
01-30-2004, 01:34 PM
Thanks Nick and Rip...Hawsley had them for 6.00

Elvis
01-31-2004, 11:59 AM
Can you try to describe the difference in feel of the Schon tip and the Talisman Pro Medium? I am getting ready to put a new tip on and was thinking of going with Talisman...thanks

Tommy_Davidson
02-02-2004, 12:56 AM
> Evan from Schon has told me several times that these are a water buffalo,repressed to their specs,and probably have something else done to them that Evan won't talk about,he can be kind of stingy with certain types of info that he feels is proprietary. I have found little or no difference between the tips that come on their shafts and the Sumo brand WB tips. The ones I get are reddish brown,and you need look no further if you want just about the hardest tip out there. The thing I like best about them is they are ONE PIECE,nothing to delaminate,and forget mushrooming,it simply does not happen,or at least in my experience. Mueller's sells the Sumos,but has them listed as a 82.1 in hardness according to their scale. Do not believe this. There simply cannot be any way possible that any layered tip made can be as hard as these tips,just not happening. I got mine from Prather's. I had a tip fail on me this weekend just a few hours after installation,even using the precautions that the manufacturer recommends,in the middle of a match. It's not a good feeling at all to be in the middle of a run out in the hill-hill game,and feel your tip moving as you chalk up,not to mention the noise it makes,knowing that you will have to execute a long draw shot and not feeling 100% about your equipment. I will not talk negatively about a specific brand here,because the failure might not have been caused by the product,but I will not waste any more time at all on layered tips,regardless of brand. Tommy D.

ArNz
02-02-2004, 04:08 AM
Schon tips are actually modified Le Pro cue tips! Tweeten Co. exclusively made these for them.

Bassmaster
02-02-2004, 09:10 AM
Its difficult to pin point the different feel of the schon tip over the talisman med pro. The talisman feels to be a harder tip..and it seemed that I was just hitting the ball a little heavier. Straight shots were fairly accurate...but
the cue control suffered a little for me.
I was playing a guy that I could easily beat...and was going back and forth...he got up 2 games on me and I decided to switch back to my Schon tipped shaft. I won 6-7 straight games. I really chalked it up to just being used to the schon tip...not that there was anything wrong with the talisman.I actually like the way it hits ...just couldnt control it as well.

*Hawlsey billiards said the Schon makes there own cue tips in house?