PDA

View Full Version : My First Pool Lesson

Rich R.
04-22-2002, 06:33 AM
On Saturday, I had the privelege of having the first pool lesson of my life from Scott Lee, at the home of Gayle in Md. Since it was my first time, Scott was very gentle. LMAO.
Although I have no other lessons to compare it with, my lesson with Scott was both informative and enjoyable. The time just flew. Scott detected some flaws in my stroke and provided me with a series of drills to help me work on my game. His philosophy of keeping things simple is the path that I will be trying to follow. I didn't expect Scott to correct 35+ years of bad habits in a couple hours, but with the problems that he noticed and the instruction that he provided, along with some work on my part, I expect my game will improve. I will take one step at a time. LOL.
Also, last week Scott mentioned to another poster, that he was not a clock watcher and he spends as much time as needed to complete his lesson. I will tell you all, from my first hand experience, that was an understatement. My lesson far exceeded the time that was scheduled.
I want to thank Scott publicly for a very enjoyable experience.
I would also like to thank Gayle in MD. and her husband Jim for opening their home, arranging Scott's visit and scheduling the lessons. Gayle, you are one special lady. I appeciate what you have done.
Thank you all.
Rich R.

Doctor_D
04-22-2002, 06:38 AM
Good morning:

Congratulations Rich !!!

You are now on your way to an even more satisfying experience playing pool.

Dr. D.

Gayle in MD
04-22-2002, 11:27 PM
Hi Rich, and thank you for the nice compliment, and also for attending the lessons with Scott, here at my home. What a terrific experience for each of us to meet Scott, have our lessons, AND the chance to see one another once again! Jim and I enjoyed every minute of it, and I will post more about it later after I get some rest, LOL. I must say, Scott Lee is quite a gentlemen, a pleasure to know, and a great, very giving and dedicated instructor. I feel very fortunate to have had this wonderful experience.
Thanks again Rich,
Gayle in Md.
Now drawing the ball like a pro!

preacherman
04-22-2002, 11:40 PM
Just wanted you to know when Scott was here (Georgia), he took time out for me too. He is a gentleman and patient.

I look forward to the next time he is in my area. I will say to you all, if Scott is in your area, meet with him if at all possible.

Jim

Rich R.
04-23-2002, 05:16 AM
Gayle, it was so nice of you and Jim to open your beautiful home for me and others to take lessons from Scott. Scott was a true joy to work with. It is so obvious that he truly loves teaching and working with pool players. Thank you again for making the whole thing possible. Rich R.

travellerdl2
04-23-2002, 07:44 AM
Hey Preacherman,
It seems that I have something else in common with you..
(other than our faith.) I also took a lesson from Scott while he was here in Atlanta. I found Scott to be an absolute gentleman and he really helped my follow-thru. Do you shoot on the south-side of Atlanta?
Dr D., Thank you for your posts on this board. When I read about your progress I decided that I must do something to get to the next level. So I opted to take a lesson and actually practice as you have shared with us many times.
Mark (thinks - one must be crazy to expect different result while doing things the same old way)

JimS
04-23-2002, 07:58 AM
I think she just wanted to show off her new Diamond Pro wit da pickled finish! SHOW OFF!!

Scott was here at my home back in December too. My conclusion from this first meeting was/is that there oughtta be more folks like him in this world. Good people.

preacherman
04-23-2002, 08:40 AM
I'm in what's considered NorthWest Atlanta.
Always wanting to play more, email me if you want.

Rich R.
04-23-2002, 10:31 AM
Jim, pickled or not, that Diamond is a great table to play on. I can now see what you and others have been raving about.
I think every town in the U.S. should have their own Scott Lee clone. That way, there would be one in my town and I could take follow-up lessons. LOL. Rich R.

Rod
04-23-2002, 01:47 PM
Rich, I remember my first time and I didn't have anything to compare it to either!! Oh wait this is about pool, LOL, never mind.

Seriously that was great you all got to meet and spend some quality time together. It is especially nice when it's in someone's home. As you said Gayle is a special lady for putting that together.

Scott Lee
04-23-2002, 08:25 PM
Hey buddy...FYI, that was February 11th when you and Chris and I played all day! LOL It just SEEMS so long ago! LMAO
We'll do it again, I promise!

Scott

Scott Lee
04-23-2002, 08:27 PM
Rich...Thanks for the kind words. I really enjoyed working with you too, and look forward to another time for us to get together, to move even farther ahead!

Scott

JimS
04-23-2002, 09:09 PM
er..ummm...ahhh....errrr...senior moment? Yeah that's it! Senior Moment.

It seems like so very long ago because I miss you so much?

Rich R.
04-24-2002, 04:15 AM
Scott, I'll be working on the drills you showed me and trying correct my problems. At least some of them. LOL.
I would love to get together with you again whenever you return to Md. Rich R.

Gayle in MD
04-24-2002, 06:59 AM
Hi Rich,
You may be sure that when Scott returns, I will give you advance notice. Jim and I look forward to seeing you and Kathy again. I hope that Scott will have more time to spend with us on his next visit. It will be fun to give him the Annapolis tour! Perhaps we can organize a CCB get together at Jillians in Annapolis. We hope that you and Kathy can join us for the lessons, and also in our travels around town! I really wanted to take him to the Swamp Circle Saloon, LOL, where I met all my former instructors, LMAO! but there just wasn't enough time. I sure hope we didn't wear him out! I am so excited about my practice sessions now that I know how to practice effectively! Scott mentioned August, so keep that time in mind.
Gayle in Md

Rich R.
04-24-2002, 08:26 AM
Thanks Gayle. Keep me posted and I will surely try to work it into my schedule.
I don't think Scott was worn out. He seems to have tons of energy. After just reading about his schedule, I had to take a nap. LOL. Rich R.

Gayle in MD
04-24-2002, 09:31 AM
Hi there friend, and when are you going to come and see us?? I think you and CC should make arrangements to come here in August when Scott comes back! Sounds to me like you three had the pool day of the century together, from what Scott says. And you are right, I love my table, AND the pickled finish, LOL, and best of all seeing others enjoy playing on it. Now I've had my lessons, and there's three months to practice, I'll be ready to take you guys on by August, so what's your excuse....not fraid of a little ol' gal in Md are ya? LMAO
Take care Jim, wish you guys could have been here, and if you can make it, pick up Cincy Tom on your way!
Gayle in Md.

travellerdl2
04-24-2002, 12:35 PM
I tried emailing you from work... we must have some filtering system in place that prevents me from sending the mail. Try to send me a mail to establish a connection. Thanks, Mark