PDA

View Full Version : Storing extra tips

UWPoolGod
01-30-2004, 01:13 PM
Do you guys do anything special with your extra tips while they are laying around? Put em in a plastic bag? Duct tape around em until its baseball sized? I have two extra Moori H that are just rattling around in a tin inside my case.

PQQLK9
01-30-2004, 01:16 PM
Send one to me, it will eliminate the rattle. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

UWPoolGod
01-30-2004, 01:19 PM
Ba DUMP BUMP..be here all week.. LOL

Okay...I guess at the end I should have added something like:

"And I don't really need any smart ass answers like "They play good" or "lots of practice".

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
01-30-2004, 01:19 PM
You mean you don't have an electronic tip storage vault from Mueller's? Geez.....

Just keep them in a hermetically sealed mayonnaise jar. But only if they're from Indonesian albino pigs. The tips made from the Laotian water buffalo scrotum require from 54-72 degrees farenheit and 37 to 47% humidity.

HTH

Iowashark
01-30-2004, 01:20 PM
I keep a plastic baggy of Talisman Pro Med on my kitchen table in the candy dish in the center(I ate all the candy so it's just the tips) out of the reach of both dogs and the cat. In the kitchen there are no elements that I need to worry about such as humidity, cold, heat, etc... Plus my dog like to chew on things by the pool table, he's a huge fan of chalk (he can have the Silver Cup, I keep the Master safe) and he would probably find the tips if I left them down there. I also keep a couple in my case just in case my cue needs emergency surgery.

UWPoolGod
01-30-2004, 01:22 PM
Well I guess I could always find a use for them right now...that 4th leg of the table has been bugging me for a while now..you know the one...the one they purposely make 1/2" too short compared to the rest so you get pissed off about and never do anything to. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

UWPoolGod
01-30-2004, 01:56 PM
I had mine in a shot glass until I came home one night drunk after a bad tourney, poured a shot and fired em down. Man all that determination to retrieve two little tips on the back end...so to speak. I'll check back with a status report and tell you all how they play. LOL

PQQLK9
01-30-2004, 02:05 PM
I bet they will play like CRAP /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

UWPoolGod
01-30-2004, 02:06 PM
LOL I would imagine. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
01-30-2004, 02:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> I bet they will play like CRAP /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

LOL Nick! You are too much!!!

Go Panthers!
sj

RedHell
01-30-2004, 02:27 PM
That remind me of a story.

We were staying at my girlfriend's parents one night and she didn't have her contact lenses kit. So she stored them overnight in a small glass of water.

Her brother came back late, was thirsty and he drank the glass of water. That cost us a set of new lenses !!!

UWPoolGod
01-30-2004, 02:34 PM
That sucks..."why is this water chunky?" HAHA

I was kidding but it makes for some light afternoon humor. Nick got a laugh out of me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
01-30-2004, 04:47 PM
Luckily I have a very nice leather case that will hold 25 tips. Talisman sent this case with the tips and I have kept it for storage.

I also have an old fishing tackle box that I have use to store other tips and tools and glue. I usually throw in a new moisture absorb sack once a year.

The all are stored in my closet where I keep my cues and cases.

I'm little picky when it comes to someone working on my cues.

Bob C
01-30-2004, 06:52 PM
Try a cigar humidor.

sandgnat
01-30-2004, 09:02 PM
LOVE the new tagline, Wally. Choked on my Pepsi when I read it! (Read: Soda erupts from nose here, EXCEEDINGLY painful).

Harold Acosta
01-31-2004, 08:35 PM
I've had a whole bunch of tips at one time. Moori's, Talisman, Le Pro's, Black, Red and Brown Water Buffalo's, Brunswick, Elk Masters, Royal Oaks, Triangles and Triumph. Boxes of them (50). Elk Masters, Triangle, and Le Pros go faster than the rest, although the Talisman are also popular. The water buffalo's are for breaking cues

I purchased one of those plastic, see-through fishing boxes, with 16 compartments, about twelve by six inches. I also carry ferrules in them.

Since we dont have big temperature changes in Puerto Rico, I keep them in this plastic box year round. About 10 tips or ferrules in each square for people to purchase or my personal use.

The boxes are stored in a handy, small tool box, with other little gizmos people ask for. Also, no problem there.

You could find these at Kmart or Walmart.

<font color="blue">Billiards: A passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif