PDA

View Full Version : Billiards card game

16Balls
01-30-2004, 02:30 PM
i was wondering if anyone on this forum knew about a card game for pool. someone i know has them but he doesnt know where to get them, but he knows he got them in Canada. is there anybody here that knows where i can find them? i tried online but my searches came up empty...
thank you in advance guys,
ben

Barbara
01-30-2004, 03:14 PM
There is "Poker Pool". It's fun. You use a normal deck of cards and all 15 object balls. You cut the deck to see who breaks the rack - the 14 and 15 balls are racked in each corner with the 1 in front.

Then you deal out 5 cards to each player. The player who shoots his hand of cards off the table first wins. The cards correspond to the numerical number on the object balls - ace through 10 = 1 through 10, the jack is the 11 ball, the queen is the 12, and the king is the 13 ball.

Here are some basic rules:

1. The 14 and 15 balls are "freebies" you can shoot these in to continue shooting.
2. You must declare when you are shooting for your last card (shooting for one). Failure to do so results in a "foul".
3. Cue ball scratches are considered a foul.
4. All fouls result in 2 drawn cards from the remaining deck.
5. The first person to shoot out their hand counts the number of cards the rest have. Each card in hand counts as one point. You can race to however many points you want.

This is a fun game because you don't have to shoot exactly what you have in your hand to stay at the table - kinda like bluffing.

Plus, if you get a two, three, or four-of-a-kind, you only have to shoot the one ball to discard those cards.

You can incorporate BCA rules and get BIH on scratches.

And then there's the ever popular "Strip Poker Pool", but I won't get into that just now. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara~~~suspects this is what SPetty plays at the "Petty Point Pool Hall"... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
01-30-2004, 03:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>And then there's the ever popular "Strip Poker Pool", but I won't get into that just now. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara~~~suspects this is what SPetty plays at the "Petty Point Pool Hall"... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

She won't tonight. Her man didn't tape the Mosconi Cup and he must be punished /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Barbara
01-30-2004, 03:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> She won't tonight. Her man didn't tape the Mosconi Cup and he must be punished /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

LMAO!!!!

Barbara