PDA

View Full Version : Auerbach cues?

bigshooter
01-30-2004, 07:08 PM
Anyone own an Auerbach cue?
Sort of intrigued since he is based in Tulsa near my home but his website seems to be non functional.
Auerbach cues. (http://www.auerbachcustomcues.com/) /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

tateuts
01-30-2004, 09:03 PM
Ceebee, who posts here, knows a lot about Auerbach and I believe is still in touch with John Parker, who now makes the cues.

Jim Auerback passed away a few years ago, and his partner, John Parker, kept on with the business. I notice ceebee is marketing a new breakcue that carries the Auerbach logo to go along with his Breakrak device.

Jim's cues were stylish and unique, with his own distinct ringwork and design. He made cool looking re-cut point forearms. He had two logo's, a J.A. logo, and a backward "R" gold logo. I had a six pointer that I loved the look of, but I didn't care for the way it played - so I traded it. A lot of his cues have extremely figured tiger maple buttsleeves, stone inlays, and brass "deco" rings. Too bad they didn't get better known out there.

Chris

ceebee
02-06-2004, 04:10 PM
Auerbach Custom Cues was established in Tulsa, Oklahoma more than 10 years ago. Jim Auerbach was the financier & John Parker was & is the craftsman.

John makes beautiful Cues that range from $200 to more than $3000. All of the materials that go into an Auerbach Custom Cue is top notch. John does not make any "cookie Cutter cues", everything is a "one of a kind Custom Cue". All of his work is guaranteed & warranted. John makes hand-milled points & C'N'C points.

Auerbach Custom Cues designed a beautiful Break Cue for me, to market along with my BreakRAK. 3 of the first 6 are already gone. They are very nice to look at & they do pack a wallop....

You can pay a lot of money for a Pool Cue. Buying a Pool Cue is a personal feeling kinda deal. Lots of things can effect a cue's feeling... a different ferrule, a different tip or even the addition of a pad can make a cue feel great or feel just like any other stick on the wall.

Buying from a man that's made his living for over ten years, isn't a bad idea, because he's proven to be a craftsman, right along with many others.

John Parker will be listed in the new 3rd Edition of the "The Blue Book of Cues", to be released in April/May timeframe.