PDA

View Full Version : Which magazine do you like?

woody_968
01-31-2004, 11:46 AM
I want to subscribe to a billiard magazine and just thought I would ask which one is your favorite.

I am looking at Billiard Digest (of course) and inside pool. Any others you would suggest?

Thanks.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-31-2004, 12:10 PM
Billiards Digest has George Fels column which is always good and Mike Shamos who writes very interesting articles on the history of billiards. They also have good player profiles.

Inside Pool has comprehensive tournament coverage from around the country and instructional columns including Keith McCready's which is always entertaining.

9 Ball Girl
01-31-2004, 03:31 PM
Yup, what Wally said. I also want to include that Inside Pool also covers a lot of the Regional Tours info as well.

Rich R.
01-31-2004, 03:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr> I am looking at Billiard Digest (of course) and inside pool. <hr /></blockquote>
Both are different and both are good. Why not get both? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
01-31-2004, 03:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> Both are different and both are good. Why not get both? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Heck, I get all three - BD, P&amp;B, and IP.

Barbara

pooltchr
02-02-2004, 07:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> Both are different and both are good. Why not get both? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

Ditto here. It's a small price to pay for the information they all provide. Granted, there is some duplication of effort, but I always end up reading them all.

dooziexx
02-02-2004, 11:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> Both are different and both are good. Why not get both? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

Ditto here. It's a small price to pay for the information they all provide. Granted, there is some duplication of effort, but I always end up reading them all. <hr /></blockquote>

I get all 3. I would rate them #1BD #2IP #3P&amp;B. P&amp;B needs more material or something....

Wally_in_Cincy
02-02-2004, 11:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dooziexx:</font><hr>I get all 3. I would rate them #1BD #2IP #3P&amp;B. P&amp;B needs more material or something.... <hr /></blockquote>

I don't understand why P &amp; B has the largest circulation. They rank a distant third in quality IMO. But I still subscribe. There's always something worthwhile in there. When P &amp; B was doing the "Legends of the Road" series that was really good.

woody_968
02-02-2004, 02:18 PM
I was planning on going ahead and getting BD and IP, but really hadnt thought about P&amp;B as back when I used to get it they were not even close to BD. I may need to give them another look.