PDA

View Full Version : National anthem

Popcorn
02-01-2004, 05:13 PM
Am I the only one who would like to strangle singers who butcher the national anthem? Today's Super bowl anthem was one of the worst ever, she even added some extra words.

Troy
02-01-2004, 07:13 PM
It was better than I expected however.
And I'm an admitted "old fart".

The half-time C-RAP is dreadful.
What about the jerk wearing the American Flag with a HOLE cut into it as a SHIRT ???
[/b]NOW THAT'S A DISGRACE !!![/B]

Harold Acosta
02-01-2004, 07:16 PM
I dont know who sang 'cuase I didn't watch the Super Bowl but most people selected don't even bother going over the words of the National Anthem before making their appearances; only to "mess things up" before the entire World to see. What a bummer.

I'll probably get to watch the "fiasco" in the news.

Anyway, was it worst than when Roseane Barr sang the anthem in TV?

Candyman
02-01-2004, 07:35 PM
What about Janet Jackson flashing her breast? Things have changed since my SB experience in SBV.

Kato
02-01-2004, 08:08 PM
I thought I saw that, Janet that is /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I always hate the national anthem at these sporting events. They are always butchered and over the top.

Kato

nAz
02-01-2004, 08:22 PM
she suxed (Beyonce) although i would like to see her strip /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The Best was Whitney back in 1991. she really had everyone stirred up!

stickman
02-01-2004, 10:18 PM
I thought the wearing of the American flag as a homemade poncho was distasteful and unrespectable. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif Kid Rock has rocks in his head anyway.

PQQLK9
02-01-2004, 10:35 PM
I have heard the National Anthem buchered unmercifully and cringe with each rendition, however I thought Beyonce did and admiral job on this one.
She did repeat "the brave" twice at the end.
I listened to it again after the game and it was just as good to me the second time around.
Justin Timberlake referred to the unveiling of Janet Jackson's breast as a wardrobe malfunction and after watching it on the DVR it seemed she was surprised at what he did but I believe it may have been planed.
Oh by the way as a Panther fan I thought the NFL did New England an injustice by allowing Sean Combs to wear a Panther jersy.

Great game....We're # 2

bigshooter
02-01-2004, 10:41 PM
I too thought Beyonce did a good job singing the National Anthem.
As far as the half time show goes , I cannot comment because I purposely missed it.

eg8r
02-02-2004, 07:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, was it worst than when Roseane Barr sang the anthem in TV? <hr /></blockquote> Not at all. Beyonce sang the song very well, but I think Popcorn does not like all the runs and the other added things that singers put into the song. Surely he was not upset at the quality of her voice.

eg8r

TomBrooklyn
02-02-2004, 08:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> I thought the wearing of the American flag as a homemade poncho was distasteful and unrespectable. <hr /></blockquote>So did I.

It was also a violation of Title 4, Chapter 1: The Flag. (http://12.164.81.10/betsy/flagetiq.html) Section 8d. reads in part: "The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery."

Matt Chatham would have done well to tackle Kid Rock and then removed the flag from him and of course, folded it properly.

TomBk

Rich R.
02-02-2004, 09:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> Matt Chatham would have done well to tackle Kid Rock and then removed the flag from him and of course, fold it properly. [ QUOTE ]

Option #2 ---- Fold it properly, with Kid Rock still in it.

9 Ball Girl
02-02-2004, 09:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> The Best was Whitney back in 1991. she really had everyone stirred up! <hr /></blockquote>Ah yes. That was an extremely memorable Superbowl Sunday.

bigshooter
02-02-2004, 10:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> I thought the wearing of the American flag as a homemade poncho was distasteful and unrespectable. <hr /></blockquote>So did I.

It was also a violation of Title 4, Chapter 1: The Flag. (http://12.164.81.10/betsy/flagetiq.html) Section 8d. reads in part: "The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery."

Matt Chatham would have done well to tackle Kid Rock and then removed the flag from him and of course, folded it properly.

TomBk <hr /></blockquote>

DITTO! I only saw the picture on the internet but I was raised to honor the flag, it never touches the ground, it never is cut or altered in anyway, it is only disposed of at a burning cerimony.
The worst part is that Kid was probably trying to be patriotic but if your going to pull stunts like that you should be a little more informed about what your doing.
I'm sure veterans in particular are pissed about it.
As I've already stated in another post, I feel blessed to have completely missed the half time fiasco. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

PQQLK9
02-04-2004, 11:42 AM
Another opinion...
"Beyonce Knowles's beauty and class during her superb rendition of our nation's anthem"
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A10850-2004Feb3.html

bigshooter
02-04-2004, 03:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> Matt Chatham would have done well to tackle Kid Rock and then removed the flag from him and of course, fold it properly. &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;

Option #2 ---- Fold it properly, with Kid Rock still in it. <hr /></blockquote>

Told you the veterans would have something to say.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&amp;u=/ap/20040204/ap_en_tv/super_bowl_kid_rock_2