PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip to Hell

#### leonard
02-02-2004, 12:55 PM
I got a phone call from Ralph, my backer, would I be interested in going to Washington,DC to play Weenie Beanie? He wants 15 balls and I break. Now I can't remember how they got involved with Beanie but I said sure.

The day of the trip, I arrived in Hudson around 8 in the morning. I met Ralph and Father Dominick at the poolroom and waited for Fats. Fats shows with an old car, with holes in the back floorboard. He wants to drive that car because he is familar with it.

Now were off and I ride 420 miles in the back seat, freezing my butt off. There was too much vibration in the front seat, they thought it would be bad for my stroke. When I arrived at Georges poolroom in Suitland Maryland, it took 2 hours to warm up.

During a game with Beanie, I walked up to the lunch counter and ordered a Pepsi and watched Beanie shooting, when I should have been watching the fellow pouring my soda. During the next game, Ralph came over and asked me, what was going on with my play? I told him, when playing for money there is a heighten sense in your muscles but I feel like I am in LaLaland. He said they must have put a downer in your soda, when you weren't watching. That was something I had never encountered up till that time. Someone helping a local by sabotaging the foreigner.

By the time I had recovered we were stuck $1200 and were on our way home to freeze again. ####

woody_968
02-02-2004, 02:08 PM
I always enjoy your stories ####

Keep em comming /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
02-02-2004, 02:26 PM
That sucks. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Love the stories. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
02-02-2004, 02:35 PM
Is that what they call the "date rape" drug. At least they didn't try that on you #### /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

houstondan
02-02-2004, 04:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote #### leonard:</font><hr> I got a phone call from Ralph, my backer, would I be interested in going to Washington,DC to play Weenie Beanie? He wants 15 balls and I break. Now I can't remember how they got involved with Beanie but I said sure.

The day of the trip, I arrived in Hudson around 8 in the morning. I met Ralph and Father Dominick at the poolroom and waited for Fats. Fats shows with an old car, with holes in the back floorboard. He wants to drive that car because he is familar with it.

Now were off and I ride 420 miles in the back seat, freezing my butt off. There was too much vibration in the front seat, they thought it would be bad for my stroke. When I arrived at Georges poolroom in Suitland Maryland, it took 2 hours to warm up.

During a game with Beanie, I walked up to the lunch counter and ordered a Pepsi and watched Beanie shooting, when I should have been watching the fellow pouring my soda. During the next game, Ralph came over and asked me, what was going on with my play? I told him, when playing for money there is a heighten sense in your muscles but I feel like I am in LaLaland. He said they must have put a downer in your soda, when you weren't watching. That was something I had never encountered up till that time. Someone helping a local by sabotaging the foreigner.

By the time I had recovered we were stuck $1200 and were on our way home to freeze again. #### <hr /></blockquote>

you hear about that kind of stuff but that's the first time i can remember someone saying it actually happened to them. of course, i do know some folk who would have been back to the bar in no time asking for another one just the same and maybe a gin back.

dan... and shootin lights out.

Foxtrott
02-02-2004, 05:18 PM
Hey,Ill tell you one thing.If someone ever slipped me a Mickey I would have put my cue in the car then told my bank roll.You should have made a point of this to your opponent to see his reaction also.Just make sure you were not full of exaust fumes from the trip.Only thing for sure is you should have not shot and told your bankroll.
Thats a pretty common thing to happen to someone and is something that needs to be adressed properly!!!If someone at one of my places would dump a micky on one of my oponents I would

1st beat the living piss out of them in front of every one
2nd put my opponent up and stake in a room till it passed
3rd refund all costs of the opponents travel and losses
4th Put the guy who did it on a greyhound with a couple bucks in an envelope and let him know it would be in his better interest not to return to this area .

I would expect no less than this for myself.If not handled . I would get a new bankroll for not takeing care of business and pay some guy named BIG TONY and GINO to pay him a vist. THAT IS A FACT!!!!!!!
If you let stuff like that pass eventually someone will die from it or get messed up pretty bad.Thats lower than low.Sorry for the note but that pisses me off to hear people are dropping mickys again.
Man you better at least make it known what happend somehow so everyone knows.
Did you go to the docs and get a test?Are you sure nothing medical may be happening to you under pressure?
Man if someone slipped you a mickey you gotta do something about it.Just be forshore they did it.
If someone dies from that joker trust me you will hear it and it will bug you for the rest of your life that you did nothing.
There was a mickey thing I remember from when I was a kid. I never saw the guy again.I really dont think anyone ever has.I dont think anyone was worried about getting a mickey again either. I am really shocked at this.

Rod
02-02-2004, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fats shows with an old car, with holes in the back floorboard. He wants to drive that car because he is familar with it.
<hr /></blockquote>

LOL Leonard, if it had holes in the floorboard, he must have been very familiar with it. They didn't exactly rust through very fast in that old heavy sheet metal.

I had a drink spiked once but I wasn't playing pool at the time. The guy took a lot of heat from me but said he didn't do it. All the time I was pi$$ed he had a 38 in his back pocket. That heater kept me from becoming violent and I'm a pretty laid back person.

Rod

PQQLK9
02-02-2004, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for the note but that pisses me off to hear people are dropping mickys again.
<hr /></blockquote>
I may stand corrected but I don't think #### Leonard will suffer any long term effects as I am sure this event happened about 40 or so years ago.

Frank_Glenn
02-02-2004, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I may stand corrected but I don't think #### Leonard will suffer any long term effects as I am sure this event happened about 40 or so years ago. <hr /></blockquote>

I thought so when he said he was playing Bill Staton. I'm not certain, but I don't think he plays much any more, although he looked well last time I saw him (2002 US Open)

Foxtrott
02-02-2004, 10:15 PM
Your pobibly right,I just hope no dumb punk idiots get any ideas of trying it.I wanted to make it clear what happens from mickeys and I think I was being light on it .

RUNaRAK
02-03-2004, 08:58 AM
Great story Di##. I enjoy hearing things like this the most. My favorite part about CCB..

http://jbkoontz.com./Images/animatedjoe.gif

#### leonard
02-03-2004, 09:48 AM
Runarak did you ever run in to Larry Ridgeway in Dayton. He had a poolroom there in the 70/80s. Larry was a scheme a minute, but a barrel of laughs. That is another story when I have time.####

#### leonard
02-03-2004, 09:52 AM
PQQlK9 your right on the money about the time. I played Beanie after that and got even. That is another story.####

#### leonard
02-03-2004, 09:56 AM
Foxtrot there was so much action at Georges in the 60s that Father Dominick thought better of destroying the place. A lesson was learned, they would always order 5 drinks and watch the soda clerk. I think it ended when some people stuck the room up and killed a few people.####

RUNaRAK
02-03-2004, 11:45 AM
Hey D###,
I do not personally know Larry, but have heard tales of him. I do know most of the players from the area though. Many of them very tough, seems to be something in the water in these parts. Thanks for the stories, I look forward to many more.

Stretch
02-04-2004, 05:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote #### leonard:</font><hr> Runarak did you ever run in to Larry Ridgeway in Dayton. He had a poolroom there in the 70/80s. Larry was a scheme a minute, but a barrel of laughs. That is another story when I have time.#### <hr /></blockquote>

Great story ####. I'm still all over your posts when i see them. Your words are gold. Hey you even managed to roust that shadowy elusive houstondan into breaking his lurk mode and regailing us with comment /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Cool! St.