PDA

View Full Version : Reflections on Lighting

04-22-2002, 08:53 AM
When I had the electrician install the lighting over my table (two large tiffany-style circular shades with 150 watts each), I told him to make absolutely certain they were directly over the head and foot spots. I did this basically for appearance reasons, not realizing that I was also placing them in the best strategic positions. I soon discovered that by aiming at the brightest reflection on the object ball I could unerringly drive it straight to the desired pocket. Did I discover some new billiard wisdom, or does everybody know about this?

Doctor_D
04-22-2002, 12:16 PM
Good afternoon:

My coach had shared that insight with me over one year ago. The reflection of the table light, and/or any other usable reflection, on the object ball has proven to be a very useful point of reference.

/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Dr. D.

Cuemage
04-22-2002, 07:18 PM
While I have used this type of aiming method early in my pool career (haha), I noticed that lighting changes from table to table & room to room. I would recommend using an alternative aiming method.
Personally, I use something similar to The Monk "Clicks Sytem". I combine the "Clicks System" with Bert Kinister's Banks aiming method.

Tha Cuemage

Tha Cuemage