PDA

View Full Version : Is your game 9ball tough

cheesemouse
02-03-2004, 08:34 AM
9b has always been my favorite game. I think it is the librating of the stroke that makes the game so much fun. Some people say it is just a connect the dots no brainer game but I think the game is like a true or false test. If you can't figure the answer to the question (shot ) you just have to make a good quess and see if your stroke will hold up or will it desolve right before your eyes. The best testers are the ones with the most range in their stroke, the ones with the bet it all freedom in their poke. After playing in and watching many 9ball events I think I can safely say that when the field is whittled down to the final eight, seven of them are free stroking and playing with a very liberated rhythm and all the while knowing that the house of cards game could come crashing down over any little thing. I like that hang it out there feeling that 9ball demands.

In following the dots you may find yourself hitting a delicate soft touch shot just to get a look at an all out full choke balls to the walls power stroke just to get in line for the dead stop out. Once you get it going, in the back of your mind, the thought keeps tumbling "man, I hope I can ride this wave long enough for me to bury this guy". When two top 9ballers are playing they both know the other guy is just one great shot away from letting his monster loose and then all you can do is wait for his monsters looting and pillaging to stop....then comes the next test question. Did his monster strip your gears? Is your heart still pumping? Did your turtle pull in its head? Can you play in this fog? Can you pull the trigger on this nearly impossible, jacked up over a ball, full power stroke shot that this silly no brainer game dictates you come with.........Are your garbonzo beans big enough? Is your game ready for the 9ball test???

The cheese just love to let'er rip BABY and 9ball is the game for doing it........ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Pelican
02-03-2004, 11:30 AM
WHOA CHEESE!!! Take another ritalin and slow down some fella. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

woody_968
02-03-2004, 11:36 AM
Well I dont know bout all that, but 9-ball is my favorite game. But I have just started tying to learn straight pool and must say I am really liking the game!

Popcorn
02-03-2004, 11:44 AM
I don't completely understand your post, but I find 9 ball a very forgiving game. You can make all kinds of mistakes and still run out. For that reason I don't find it a high pressure game. You can be playing position on the side pocket, totally screw up and shoot it in the corner pocket and still run out. Not a very stressful game really.

cycopath
02-03-2004, 03:27 PM
Then why is it so stressful to me?!

Oh yeah, because I suck at it... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

nAz
02-03-2004, 03:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> I don't completely understand your post, but I find 9 ball a very forgiving game. You can make all kinds of mistakes and still run out. For that reason I don't find it a high pressure game. You can be playing position on the side pocket, totally screw up and shoot it in the corner pocket and still run out. Not a very stressful game really. <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Pop i agree on the 9b thingy but doesn't that sat the same about 14.1 in some ways, you can get out of line on a critical shot but you still might have another ball hanging near by to get you back.

Popcorn
02-03-2004, 08:10 PM
To get through a rack that may be the case, but to put together long runs, things have to be working according to plan. Opening up clusters, break shots, angles and how you take the balls off all can be critical to a good out come. I feel more pressure playing straight pool, maybe because one mistake may be your last. I always prefer gambling at straight pool with a weaker player and giving up a spot. I am being very honest, I actually prefer giving weight at any game if I am trying to make money, then playing an equal player, it is called "Lamb Killing" and I am sorry to say, I have done my share of it.