PDA

View Full Version : Scratch Ball rules

nAz
02-03-2004, 01:44 PM
does anyone know them?

DoomCue
02-03-2004, 02:34 PM
1. Don't do it in public.
2. If you scratch for more than 2 seconds, you're playing with it.
3. Helping hands are sometimes welcome.
4. If at first you don't succeed, try try again.

-djb

Cueless Joey
02-03-2004, 02:39 PM
9-ball? Anywhere in the table, balls pocketed stay in the pocket except the 9-ball.
8-ball? CB in the kitchen if scratched on the break. BIH in all other scratches? BCA anyway.
No rail after contact is a scratch anywhere I play.

nAz
02-03-2004, 03:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DoomCue:</font><hr> 1. Don't do it in public.
2. If you scratch for more than 2 seconds, you're playing with it.
3. Helping hands are sometimes welcome.
4. If at first you don't succeed, try try again.

-djb <hr /></blockquote>

lol

nAz
02-03-2004, 03:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> 9-ball? Anywhere in the table, balls pocketed stay in the pocket except the 9-ball.
8-ball? CB in the kitchen if scratched on the break. BIH in all other scratches? BCA anyway.
No rail after contact is a scratch anywhere I play. <hr /></blockquote>

lol

no no let me ask this again does anyone know the rules to Scratch pool?
the game that one billiards the object ball off the Cue ball in rotation.

Has anyone heard of this game before?

Cueless Joey
02-03-2004, 04:16 PM
Ooops!
I saw Efren and Stalev play that for fun.
Pool hall owners would cringe looking at their Centennials being used as cueball. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ajrack
02-03-2004, 08:33 PM
It was called "Kiss Pool" down south back in the 70's.
I have heard it called "Irish 8 ball, Polish 8 ball",and other things over the years.
It is a great way to practice for a few racks every so often...hard to "scratch" when you want to!!
Rack the balls just like normal 8 ball, break with the cue ball and from that point on...carom your object balls off of the cue ball. If the cue ball scratches, the cue ball is placed on the middle spot, and then continue. Other rules are the same.
I run a "KISS POOL" tourney once in a while for the lower rated players..better players usually do not want to play.
If you get good at this game, challange some good players...if you don't play this often ... it is tougher than you think.