PDA

View Full Version : Scorpion Break Cue

boalt06
02-03-2004, 09:12 PM
A friend wants to sell me his 3 month old Scorpion BReak cue for 50$ It's in good shape, but I dont know if it's a 'quality' product. Other people have told me to just buy a decent cue, equip it with a hard tip, and then I will have a good break cue and would have saved money in the process.

What do you all think? HELP

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Erick Guzman

Harold Acosta
02-04-2004, 10:12 PM
I personally don't like Scorpion cues but for $50 you can unload it later if you don't like it.

<font color="blue">Billiards: A passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

eg8r
02-05-2004, 09:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Other people have told me to just buy a decent cue, equip it with a hard tip, and then I will have a good break cue and would have saved money in the process. <hr /></blockquote> How would any money be saved? It is undoubtedly going to cost your more than $50 if you take this route. Lets say you can get a hard tip installed for $10, you will now have to find a "good" cue for $39. That will only save a buck, and just how good of a cue do you think you will be able to find for $39?

The $50 Scorpion is probably not a bad deal. If you are worried about the money (I am going to bet that it does not do anything better for you than a house cue) then forget about it and use a house cue.

I would probably suggest you play with the break cue for a night and see if you like it. If it works for you, then it is $50 well spent. If you don't like it, then use a house cue until something else comes along.

eg8r