PDA

View Full Version : Slate popped

hhsaloon
02-04-2004, 10:30 AM
I was looking for some help on how to prevent this in the future. But I don't know how it happened to begin with. Have a 7' 3 piece. The 2 outer pieces have raised slightly. Not noticeable to the eye but is to the touch.

I take good care of the table - clean, covered, never set anything on it, never let anybody lean on it.

Is it likely that a casual bump stretching for a shot, carpet settle, or humidity (I live on the VA coast) could cause this? I considered a change in temp as the problem, but when I had a table in the garage with no climate control I never had this problem. I noticed it about 2 weeks ago, but do not know exactly when it happened. Thanks.

Frank_Glenn
02-04-2004, 12:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hhsaloon:</font><hr> I was looking for some help on how to prevent this in the future. But I don't know how it happened to begin with. Have a 7' 3 piece. The 2 outer pieces have raised slightly. Not noticeable to the eye but is to the touch.

I take good care of the table - clean, covered, never set anything on it, never let anybody lean on it.

Is it likely that a casual bump stretching for a shot, carpet settle, or humidity (I live on the VA coast) could cause this? I considered a change in temp as the problem, but when I had a table in the garage with no climate control I never had this problem. I noticed it about 2 weeks ago, but do not know exactly when it happened. Thanks. <hr /></blockquote>

Without looking, it's hard to say. One possible reason: the shims under the middle slate have shifted out. You may be able to bump them back in without too much trouble. If this works, take a hot glue gun and tack them in place after you fix it. This can be caused by a bump like you said, or just changes in temperature or humidity, or the floor settling, or...

hhsaloon
02-04-2004, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I'll check it out tonight.