PDA

View Full Version : It's tough to be Greg Norman...

Barbara
02-04-2004, 05:03 PM
Warning, some of you might wish you had stayed with golf...

Life must be tough for "The Shark."

See what kind of boat GOLF could bring you? (weblink provided after presentation of some of the *a-hem* amenities)

Greg Norman, "The Shark", recently took delivery of his new toy, named "Aussie Rules", which he helped design. At 69.5 metres (228 feet) in length, it's the world's largest aluminum and composite private yacht.

He had it built for only $70 million dollars. The company meant to build it for him "at cost" in return for the excellent advertising of having him as an owner, but they actually lost money on it.

When he first cruised into Sydney Harbor, onlookers remarked, "It's massive! Nearly three times the size of the ferries in the Harbor!" In addition to being opulent, it is also built for Jacques Cousteau type fun and exploration. There is onboard diving equipment for 30 people including a decompression chamber and two huge compressors. Dives of all types can be accomplished by operating the Nitrox Mixing Panel onboard, enabling each guest's air tank to be customized with a mixture of gases.

To get the people out to those choice dive spots, or maybe just for having a bit of a splash, the following additional "small" boats are kept onboard:

42-Foot Custom Built "Game Fisher" Can be launched and retrieved from the deck. Perfect for a 4-person overnight fishing expedition. Has a gourmet galley for cooking up the catch while it's still fresh.

30-Foot SeeVee for a quick afternoon fishing trip.

22-Foot Novurania Equator with a meager 800 horsepower so you can get to the best diving sites ahead of everyone else. It has beach landing capability as well.

(2) 18-Foot Hewes Bonerfishers for those special occasions when Greg and a close friend may wish to maneuver over the sand flats in Key West, Florida

13-Foot Narwhal Rescue Boat in case someone falls off one of those other boats.

And finally, just for the hell of it, (4) Yamaha Waverunners!!!

Good grief already! Kind of reminds me of one of those Russian Matryoshka Dolls where the little ones just keep coming out of the bigger one!

http://www.shark.com/aussierules/photogal/index.php

Barbara~~~quit golf at 12... /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Cueless Joey
02-04-2004, 05:35 PM
So, basically this boat that was built for the Shark is worth more than ALL of pool pro players' income since the invention of pool?
/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
That's a nice boat.

Barbara
02-04-2004, 05:45 PM
Yep, that just about sums it up...

I just want that kitchen!!

Barbara

Tom_In_Cincy
02-04-2004, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the link Barbara. I sent it to my boss for a suggesstion of our 'next off-site' meeting..

He said I could expense it..

Cueless Joey
02-04-2004, 06:08 PM
Now, if it came with a self-levelling pool table, it'd be perfect. Of course, house cues are from a PA-based cuemaker. Razor blade, barbels and s inlays of course.

Barbara
02-04-2004, 06:10 PM
Yeah, I can see you and Kato on your next customer/vendor junkets just casually dining on the rear deck.

Barbara

woody_968
02-04-2004, 08:50 PM
Yea it would be tough, but I wouldnt mind trying it for a while /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PQQLK9
02-04-2004, 08:56 PM
Awesome!
I'm gonna get me one WHFO. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Barbara
02-04-2004, 09:12 PM
Oh sure, that would be easy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But I wonder if there's a driving green off the back of it?

Barbara~~~didn't quite see one...

Rod
02-04-2004, 09:32 PM
Wow, that is amazing. Just the smaller one with a gormet kitchen would do for me. Humm, where would I put it? LOL

SPetty
02-05-2004, 12:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr>Humm, where would I put it? LOL<hr /></blockquote>Well, if you could afford that boat, you could afford and might be interested in the beachfront property in Arizona I'm selling... HAHAHA!

Kato
02-05-2004, 07:21 AM
Why would anyone want that boat? It doesn't even come with a submarine /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~could possibly rough it for a few days

cheesemouse
02-05-2004, 07:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Warning, some of you might wish you had stayed with golf...
<hr /></blockquote>

WOW, I really screwed up at 14 years of age..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
02-05-2004, 08:20 AM
I bet you and Pete would soil yourselves if you saw that sucker coming up the Delaware River /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally~~would probably suck at golf too /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Barbara
02-05-2004, 08:24 AM
Wally,

I don't think that boat could fit under the Walt Whitman or Ben Franklin bridges, even at low tide. They don't open for river traffic.

Barbara

Kato
02-05-2004, 08:40 AM
If I wasn't such an incredibly horrible golfer I too could own that boat.

Kato~~~hopes Michelle Wei beats Greg at the next event that they both play in.

Wally_in_Cincy
02-05-2004, 09:09 AM
and if he hadn't flamed on the back nine at augusta he could afford little personal helicopter to land on deck.

eg8r
02-05-2004, 09:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would anyone want that boat? It doesn't even come with a submarine <hr /></blockquote> For some reason this is cracking me up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r &lt;~~maybe a tad bit tired this morning

JPB
02-05-2004, 09:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> and if he hadn't flamed on the back nine at augusta he could afford little personal helicopter to land on deck. <hr /></blockquote>

I think he keeps a helo at his florida house and it's not little. He may just have an airplane or two as well. Basically he has all the modes of transport a small country's military might have, but it's better equipment and nicer. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Rod
02-05-2004, 04:15 PM
SPetty,

If I had your money, I'd throw mine away! Now where did you say that property was located. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

#### leonard
11-09-2004, 03:27 PM
Barbara I quit Golf at 14 if I ever thought I would be as big as I am now I would have kept at it. I was 5ft2 and 86 lbs at high school graduation. It was an easy game.####

Ross
11-09-2004, 03:49 PM
I'm so f'ing jealous!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Oh well, I can probably still give him the 7-ball for all that's worth. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Popcorn
11-09-2004, 04:29 PM
They had one of those top 10 count downs on TV of the finest yachts in the world and his was no 1.
I met him once, we have the same doctor and I was introduced to him. Seemed like a down to earth guy.