PDA

View Full Version : The Tables G-Spot

Stretch
02-04-2004, 05:46 PM
You didn't miss anything if you missed my post last month(?) on the profound (i think:) conclusion that. Yes, the table has a g-spot!

I see it as the very centre of the table between the side pockets. I use it as a quick reference for almost any shot and most particularly shots that require going from end to end with the cueball. Just being aware of where it is when your comeing off the foot rail for instance makes a big difference in how i percieve the shot and exicute it. Weird i know, but i'm starting to hone my shape play and i don't see this big playing field (mine field) stretched before me anymore. Your never far from Centre however, so it helps out with everywhere my ball travels.

Try finding a way for you to use it more in your own game. It sure helped mine i know that.......and i'm sure the table is much happier too /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif St

woody_968
02-04-2004, 05:53 PM
I hope the table doesnt have a G-Spot, my wife said I couldnt find one of those if I had a road map /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

All joking aside, I do agree it is important to know where the center of the table is, and more important to know how to get the cueball to go through that space.

Barbara
02-04-2004, 06:08 PM
Doesn't Bert Kinister have a tape on the this? I remmember one player who used to "come back to center" a lot and talked about learning this from a tape.

Barbara

woody_968
02-04-2004, 06:16 PM
His 60min workout for 9 ball is almost totally set up on drills that make you come back to the middle of the table. Its a good workout if you take the time to learn all the shots.

Isshi
02-04-2004, 11:43 PM
My Gosh- Stretch is back! Is it true?!

Stretch, one of the things I've missed most on this board is your
presence and good humor. I don't know when you started posting
again, but by golly seeing your post today made my day.

Cheered up in Japan, Isshi.

Stretch
02-05-2004, 11:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Isshi:</font><hr> My Gosh- Stretch is back! Is it true?!

Stretch, one of the things I've missed most on this board is your
presence and good humor. I don't know when you started posting
again, but by golly seeing your post today made my day.

Cheered up in Japan, Isshi. <hr /></blockquote>

Isshi my friend, you are too kind. It's true, i'm not around much as i still have no computor and rely on the Library to brows and email whenever i get around to it that is.

It's good to see your still around. We sure are a loyal lot eh? St ~~A week till Florida, look out!~~

Stretch
02-05-2004, 11:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Doesn't Bert Kinister have a tape on the this? I remmember one player who used to "come back to center" a lot and talked about learning this from a tape.

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

Hi there Kiddo. Yes I've heard of this tape, but i've never seen it (would love to though, can i borough it from anyone??)

Also, because the table is a rectangle, any time the cue ball comes off one or more rails and passes through the centre of the table, it will never scratch. This makes the Centre not only a great place to shoot from, but a safe passage for the cue ball to travel through. Knowing how to return to centre, and useing it as a guide for safe shape to anywhere will pay off for you, guaranteed. St

festes
02-06-2004, 03:01 PM
Great tip on the center spot being a safe path to avoid the scratch. I't makes sense, but I'd never thought of it. I've made more than a few difficult cuts only to see the cue ball find a pocket as well.

charlieb
02-08-2004, 12:45 AM
Bert Kinister's 60 minute 9 ball workout teaches you 27 shots. The bulk of these shots go to or cross over the center of the table which of course means yu arre not going to scratch on the shot. He reccomends that you learn the shots by the numbers. The most important shot is the #1. But as you shoot he says to say to yourself #5, #6, #15 etc.This way while in a match you can look at the shot and say to yourself "this is a # 4 I've hit this shot 500 times and I know it" Bingo. Great shots to know. It accelerated my learning process tremendously.